Often referred to as the God Father of the South African Marking & Advertising industries ebizradio’s Nick Snow gets to chat to Tony Koenderman about his upcoming Winning Ways Conference and why the need for such a platform exists in our market.
“With our haul of silverware from the Cannes Lions advertising festival each year, we can still boast that South African advertising agencies punch above their weight. And it’s true, we’re still punching above our weight – but sometimes in the wrong division.
Since Keith Reinhard, chairman of the Cannes jury, hailed our emergence as a new creative powerhouse in 1994, we’ve slowly but steadily fallen behind other small or emerging nations in the Cannes medals race. Countries like New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland and Argentina were behind us then. Now they’re ahead of us, or challenging.
Their success is entirely based on the growth sectors of marketing, namely digital, integration, television, mobile and social. Internationally, we have made little impact in these categories. Graham Warsop’s case of Bollinger’s for the first winner of a Cannes cyber lion is still unclaimed. Much of our best work is in categories like radio, out-of-home, design and press. Old media. They’re still significant but they are not where international attention is focused. Marketers and agencies want growth – and that is found in New Media and television”.
If you wish to book contact Tonya on 083 379 8070 or email her at: [email protected]
Ebizradio will have a team on the ground covering the conference and will make the talks available post the conference as podcasts.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021