Often referred to as the God Father of the South African Marking & Advertising industries ebizradio’s Nick Snow gets to chat to Tony Koenderman about his upcoming Winning Ways Conference and why the need for such a platform exists in our market.
“With our haul of silverware from the Cannes Lions advertising festival each year, we can still boast that South African advertising agencies punch above their weight. And it’s true, we’re still punching above our weight – but sometimes in the wrong division.
Since Keith Reinhard, chairman of the Cannes jury, hailed our emergence as a new creative powerhouse in 1994, we’ve slowly but steadily fallen behind other small or emerging nations in the Cannes medals race. Countries like New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland and Argentina were behind us then. Now they’re ahead of us, or challenging.
Their success is entirely based on the growth sectors of marketing, namely digital, integration, television, mobile and social. Internationally, we have made little impact in these categories. Graham Warsop’s case of Bollinger’s for the first winner of a Cannes cyber lion is still unclaimed. Much of our best work is in categories like radio, out-of-home, design and press. Old media. They’re still significant but they are not where international attention is focused. Marketers and agencies want growth – and that is found in New Media and television”.
If you wish to book contact Tonya on 083 379 8070 or email her at: [email protected]
Ebizradio will have a team on the ground covering the conference and will make the talks available post the conference as podcasts.
- The professional services sector soars in 2022 | #Marketing | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 4, 2022
- Pineapple absolutely belongs on a pizza | #Entrepreneur | #Business | Björn Salsone | Kimon Bisogno | Porcupine Ridge Wines | Ferdinandos Pizza - August 4, 2022
- When will load-shedding end? | #Insight | Eitan Stern | Legalese | Mark Tanton | Red Cap Energy | Big Fish Stories | #Podcast - August 3, 2022
- How do we Future Fit ourselves and our business? | #Coaching | #Work | #Entrepreneurs | Kevin Britz | Chris Verrijdt | FutureFactor | #Podcast - August 3, 2022
- Entrepreneurs and SME’s would like more Tax back! | #Tax | #Accounting | Brunch with Bjorn | Björn Salsone | #Sarah-Leigh Martin | TaxEy | #Podcast - August 2, 2022
- Building bodies to build futures | #Entrepreneurs | #Business | #BodyBuilding | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Raphael Ntumba | North West University - August 1, 2022
- Weekly News Roundup | #News | Kuhle Tshabala | #Podcast - July 29, 2022
- How do we lead in these fast evolving times? |#Leadership | #Marketing | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - July 28, 2022
- Weekly Motoring | Diesel and Dust | #Vehicles | #Driving | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - July 28, 2022
- Why the trucking industry is so vital to our economy | #Trucking | #Insurance | #Logistics | Ingrid von Stein | Wayne Rautenbach | Hollard | #Podcast - July 27, 2022