Often referred to as the God Father of the South African Marking & Advertising industries ebizradio’s Nick Snow gets to chat to Tony Koenderman about his upcoming Winning Ways Conference and why the need for such a platform exists in our market.
“With our haul of silverware from the Cannes Lions advertising festival each year, we can still boast that South African advertising agencies punch above their weight. And it’s true, we’re still punching above our weight – but sometimes in the wrong division.
Since Keith Reinhard, chairman of the Cannes jury, hailed our emergence as a new creative powerhouse in 1994, we’ve slowly but steadily fallen behind other small or emerging nations in the Cannes medals race. Countries like New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland and Argentina were behind us then. Now they’re ahead of us, or challenging.
Their success is entirely based on the growth sectors of marketing, namely digital, integration, television, mobile and social. Internationally, we have made little impact in these categories. Graham Warsop’s case of Bollinger’s for the first winner of a Cannes cyber lion is still unclaimed. Much of our best work is in categories like radio, out-of-home, design and press. Old media. They’re still significant but they are not where international attention is focused. Marketers and agencies want growth – and that is found in New Media and television”.
If you wish to book contact Tonya on 083 379 8070 or email her at: [email protected]
Ebizradio will have a team on the ground covering the conference and will make the talks available post the conference as podcasts.
- We take our bodies to gym! Why don’t we exercise our brains? |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |#Podcast |#ebizradio | Jacques Rousseau - September 30, 2020
- New Phones enter the RSA Market | eBizTechnology| Arthur Goldstuck| Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Hospitality: From Lockdown, to now and more importantly, going forward | #eBizInsights | Graham Wood of Sun International | Podcast - September 30, 2020
- Why are we as African’s still turning a blind eye to child abuse and neglect, holding no-one accountable? - September 29, 2020
- Why is local no longer lekker? | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - September 29, 2020
- The evolution of email to emerge as a marketing power tool| #eBizWires - September 29, 2020
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020