Often referred to as the God Father of the South African Marking & Advertising industries ebizradio’s Nick Snow gets to chat to Tony Koenderman about his upcoming Winning Ways Conference and why the need for such a platform exists in our market.
“With our haul of silverware from the Cannes Lions advertising festival each year, we can still boast that South African advertising agencies punch above their weight. And it’s true, we’re still punching above our weight – but sometimes in the wrong division.
Since Keith Reinhard, chairman of the Cannes jury, hailed our emergence as a new creative powerhouse in 1994, we’ve slowly but steadily fallen behind other small or emerging nations in the Cannes medals race. Countries like New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland and Argentina were behind us then. Now they’re ahead of us, or challenging.
Their success is entirely based on the growth sectors of marketing, namely digital, integration, television, mobile and social. Internationally, we have made little impact in these categories. Graham Warsop’s case of Bollinger’s for the first winner of a Cannes cyber lion is still unclaimed. Much of our best work is in categories like radio, out-of-home, design and press. Old media. They’re still significant but they are not where international attention is focused. Marketers and agencies want growth – and that is found in New Media and television”.
If you wish to book contact Tonya on 083 379 8070 or email her at: [email protected]
Ebizradio will have a team on the ground covering the conference and will make the talks available post the conference as podcasts.
- Lets talk about sex | #CandidConversation |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast |#ebizradio - April 9, 2021
- New competitor in phone arena – OPPO and buying virtual things! | #Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | #Podcast | #ebizradio - April 9, 2021
- Dealing with suicide is NOT easy Tales From My Stethoscope | #PayItForward | Bruna Desena | Ingrid von Stein |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 8, 2021
- How are you telling your clients that you are environmentally friendly? |#Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 8, 2021
- Its all VIRTUAL – even your clothes and home |#Trends | Dion Chang |#Podcast |#ebizradio - April 8, 2021
- Do you know what Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) are? |#Digital | Arthur Goldstuck |#ebizradio - April 7, 2021
- Digital Ad Fraud is an Iceberg | #LetsTalkDigital | Audrey Naidoo | Chris Roper | Nevo Hadas |#Digital |#ebizradio - April 7, 2021
- Can you actually afford that coffee? | My Money Talks | Nabeel Kahn |#Money |#ebizradio - April 7, 2021
- Responding to change is better than following a plan|#LunchtimeCoaching |#KevinBritz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast |#ebizradio - April 6, 2021
- UNSCRIPTED LIFE | Bronwyn Nielsen | Clive Vanderwagen |#Podcast | #ebizradio - April 6, 2021