It’s been said that the trucking industry is the backbone of our country and, indeed, through the pandemic and recent unrest, we have seen just how essential this service is to our society and economy. But it is also an industry plagued by high costs and even higher risks. So how and where can the insurance industry help support this industry to keep on trucking? Helping me unpack this value, as much as the complexities that drive it, is Wayne Rautenbach, Head of Hollard Trucking.
We delve into the following:
- How big and important is the trucking industry to the South African economy?
- What are the key challenges that the industry faces today?
- What exactly do insurance companies cover? The trucks and commodities inside, what about if a driver has an accident, and what about salaries?
- How do insurance companies, like Hollard Insurance, enable the trucking industry to stay on the road at a price that is viable?
- How is the industry using technology to help business owners both mitigate risk and save money?
- In what point does Hollard get involved in telematics? And at what point does it step away? And would you, for instance, use that information to reject a claim down the line?
- What advice would you give fleet owners to help them get the most value from their insurance company and products?
- What are some of the key questions a client should ask their broker upfront?
- Opening a business in South Africa? | #Insight | Business Brunch | Bjorn Salsone | Ankita Vyas Bohra | Indiana House - August 18, 2022
- Why is EQ so important? | #Insight | #Coaching | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- When can South African stop eating meat? | #Insight | Big Fish Stories | Eitan Stern | Brett Thompson | Mzansi Meat Co | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- Why getting LinkedIn right is vital for your career | #Insights | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Nompumelelo Mshengu | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- The strain of holding the sword by the blade: The health and well-being of women in our poorest communities | #Insights | Charmaine Gola | The Love Trust - August 16, 2022
- What do architects actually do? | #BusinesBrunch | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | Michelle Maltz Shevelew | M2S Architects | #Podcast - August 16, 2022
- Women are winning in the Wine World | #Entrepreneur | #Wines | #Winery | Lindi Tshabangu | Silindile Zuma | Nanola Wines | #Podcast - August 15, 2022
- How do we support those businesses with a turnover over R10 million? | #Insight | #Growth | #Business | Ingrid von Stein | Diane Boorman - August 15, 2022
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022