BizRadio chats to Craig Page-Lee and in his usual direct manner he shares some of the key insights that he took from the recent Shopper Marketing In-store Path to Purchase Conference (held in South Africa 24 & 25 July 2013) and hosted by Marketing Mix Conferences.
Craig Page-Lee in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
The event covered a number of key issues pertinent to the Shopper’s journey to actually making a purchase, such as;
- Strategic integration of the shopper marketing components upon the in-store path to purchase
- LSM-A and LSM-B segmentation – understanding the different rules and applying the right interpretations to the campaigns
- Closing the sale in malls – how to make the feet count
- Motivating and incentivizing and managing retail staff, sales people and promoters in the age of increasingly well informed customers
- Promotions on the forecourt – stimulating consumer demand
- Opening hearts, minds and wallets! Cutting through the clutter. Understanding that how people shop and how people consume are inherently different and messaging needs to be tailored to both mindsets
- Using Wi-Fi for conversion, loyalty, and observing consumer behavior
- Home to store different paths to purchase
- Online the Silent Salesman who knows how to engage
- In-store shopper engagement on mobile
- The shopper-brand relationship at the POP (point of purchase)
- Role Of Kids (8 – 16 yrs) on In store shopper behavior
- In Store Brand Ambassadors; love them or hate them they’re here to stay. How to make Brand Ambassadors/In-Store promoters a potent element in your shopper marketing strategy
- Technology engagement path to purchase
* Marketing Mix Conferences are a vital source of latest best practice thinking and case studies and provide one to one networking opportunities. The events target professional marketers in SA and sub-Sahara Africa. The two primary groupings are New Media and Shopper – marketingmixconferences.co.za
BizRadio’s weekly content offering – #RetailBiz with Craig Page-Lee – anything from in-store promotions to outdoor billboards, from customer journeys to brands evolving.
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.