Has your business shown leadership in energy efficiency? Have you implemented significant energy efficiency interventions in your building/s? These are some of the questions Hotel Verde encountered when entering the Energy Efficiency Forum Awards, and clearly they ticked all the boxes and more, with their blaze of innovation and some of the most advanced, environmentally-conscious construction and operation practices in the world. In recognition of their leadership and excellence and innovation in energy efficiency, Hotel Verde was announced the winner of the EEF Awards on 26 November.
The Energy Efficiency Forum created the EEF Awards In recognition of leadership and to motivate continued reduction in energy consumption. Applications are judged on the implementation of significant energy efficiency interventions – in terms both of technological and behavioural change – that result in substantial reductions in energy consumption in buildings.
Mario Delicio, owner of Hotel Verde, says: “Hotel Verde had the advantage of starting from scratch, so building new meant we could plan much more than by retrofitting an existing building. So, literally from the ground up, we are able to call ourselves Africa’s Greenest Hotel, with much of the emphasis being on energy efficiency.”
Hotel Verde based at Cape Town International Airport, just 400m from the terminal and within easy driving distance of the city’s central business and shopping districts. Offering 145 rooms with 4 star comforts and amenities and is part of the BON Hotels Group and opened in August 2013.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021