We invite you all to join us virtually on 23rd June at 16h00 (4 pm- your last meeting of the day) to connect with Dion Chang, Flux Trends, as he shares his research into the post pandemic tribes that have emerged across the globe and what influence they will have on business into 2022. CLICK HERE
Everything changed. Irrevocably.
Psychologists say that it takes us just 21 days to adapt to or embrace a new habit. If that’s the case, then a year of lockdown has cemented new behavioural patterns in almost all of us.
In the midst of the global lockdown, the Financial Times observed that “many companies have little choice but to begin some revamping of their business models: the pandemic has made sure that either their customers are no longer where they were or have no need of what they are selling”.
That sentence alone should send a shiver down any retailer’s spine.
As we cautiously emerge into a post-pandemic world (at Flux we call it The Great Staggering), business owners will have to reassess, reframe and reimagine their business models.
To assist that process, Flux Trends is launching a new edition of our popular “Tribes” series that looks at new tribes that were spawned during the pandemic, with special attention given to post-pandemic youth tribes.
The “Class of 2020” is a broad description of a youth demographic whose lives were altered and derailed by the pandemic. These could be young people who were transitioning from secondary to tertiary education, or undergraduates who were meant to finish their studies and embark on a working career. Either way, the opportunities lost, the absence of crucial social interactions and the devastating economic impact on these young lives will leave a deep impression during these formative years, which will shape their outlook and future mindset.
But it’s not just about youth tribes. Our post-pandemic Tribes edition will also assist retailers and business owners understand the fundamental shift in consumer behaviour which will directly influence their businesses.
In this Special Edition some of the new tribes you will meet include:
- Life Interrupted: a new wave of young adults forced to “boomerang” (living back with their parents)
- The Hustlers: young entrepreneurs who delve into new areas of business like virtual fashion design, eco product development and “white label” e-commerce.
- K.O.L.s (Key Opinion Leaders) or Activist Influencers who champion causes like climate change and clean energy rather than promote retail brands.
- Pet parents: the global spike in pet adoption during lockdown adds exponential growth to the already booming pet industry, which will have a ripple effect for the next decade.
- The Patriots – citizens fed up with a lack of service delivery who take over municipal roles.
- The Isolationists: post-lockdown tribe members who embrace solitude rather than confront “re-entry anxiety”.
Who should attend?
- Any business owner who has felt the seismic shift of the pandemic impact their business model and feels an urgent need to keep up with the velocity of change.
- Any B2C business leader who needs to understand the altered consumer mindset and the importance of defining these tribes, in order to engage with them, meaningfully.
- Anyone who is busy formulating a new business or marketing strategy catering to a niche audience.
- Anyone who works in brand management, retail marketing, media and the service industries.
Presented by Dion Chang
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022