2012 has been a very difficult year for businesses due to both the local and international macro-economic situation with instability in both Europe and the United States. Many CMO’s (Chief Marketing officers) have spent the year reflecting and planning on where the industry is moving to and preparing mentally for the challenges and opportunities of the future.
The established control paradigm used in marketing is becoming outdated very quickly due to the rise of the internet and more accessible technology. This tension between being in control of a brand vs. being interactive with consumers is the main problem facing marketers; strategy and planning should be decreased in favour of a more agile form of marketing that listens and adapts to what consumers are telling both the marketers and the brand itself.
In the episode of #MarketingBiz Luisa Mazinter from TheMarketingSite.com and associate director at Vivaldi Partners, Ulrich Meyer-Höllings take a look at the challenges and changes that took place in 2012, but also looking ahead to 2013.
— UlrichMeyer-Höllings (@meyerhoellings) October 18, 2012
— Vivaldi Partners (@VivaldiPartners) December 13, 2012
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) December 2, 2012
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020