2012 has been a very difficult year for businesses due to both the local and international macro-economic situation with instability in both Europe and the United States. Many CMO’s (Chief Marketing officers) have spent the year reflecting and planning on where the industry is moving to and preparing mentally for the challenges and opportunities of the future.
The established control paradigm used in marketing is becoming outdated very quickly due to the rise of the internet and more accessible technology. This tension between being in control of a brand vs. being interactive with consumers is the main problem facing marketers; strategy and planning should be decreased in favour of a more agile form of marketing that listens and adapts to what consumers are telling both the marketers and the brand itself.
In the episode of #MarketingBiz Luisa Mazinter from TheMarketingSite.com and associate director at Vivaldi Partners, Ulrich Meyer-Höllings take a look at the challenges and changes that took place in 2012, but also looking ahead to 2013.
— UlrichMeyer-Höllings (@meyerhoellings) October 18, 2012
— Vivaldi Partners (@VivaldiPartners) December 13, 2012
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) December 2, 2012
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020