Ingenuity and innovative problem solving is exactly what Xanita (paper composite board manufacturer), Intamarket Graphics (supplier of quality vinyl materials and specialty products to the signage and graphics industry) and Intamed (supplier of medical equipment and consumables to the surgical and aesthetic market) did to solve the possible shortage of hospital beds.
With over 5000 recorded infections – of which almost 4000 were confirmed over a four-week period – South Africa is gearing up for an increase in COVID-19 patients as the country begins to ease its lock-down regulations. In preparation, hotels and convention centres are being converted into makeshift healthcare centres and field hospitals are being created in every province. These loclal innovators have come up with an ingenious design that makes affordable, quick-to-assemble and easily sanitised beds available to government.
Watch how quickly and easily these beds and partitions are setup – from flat-packed to constructed in 45min with 3 persons, no on-site tooling and no electricity required. Lightweight & durable, fast turn-around times, 100% repulpable, non-toxic and no VOC’s.
This cost-effective solution is designed to be rolled out using existing infrastructure, with no need for investment in costly rapid construction efforts. With this innovative solution they can have places like Gallagher estate or the CTICC converted into medical overflow facilities within a matter of hours.
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020
- Will my workplace be the same after the lockdown is lifted? | #Productivity | #Devan Moonsamy - May 11, 2020