Ingenuity and innovative problem solving is exactly what Xanita (paper composite board manufacturer), Intamarket Graphics (supplier of quality vinyl materials and specialty products to the signage and graphics industry) and Intamed (supplier of medical equipment and consumables to the surgical and aesthetic market) did to solve the possible shortage of hospital beds.
With over 5000 recorded infections – of which almost 4000 were confirmed over a four-week period – South Africa is gearing up for an increase in COVID-19 patients as the country begins to ease its lock-down regulations. In preparation, hotels and convention centres are being converted into makeshift healthcare centres and field hospitals are being created in every province. These loclal innovators have come up with an ingenious design that makes affordable, quick-to-assemble and easily sanitised beds available to government.
Watch how quickly and easily these beds and partitions are setup – from flat-packed to constructed in 45min with 3 persons, no on-site tooling and no electricity required. Lightweight & durable, fast turn-around times, 100% repulpable, non-toxic and no VOC’s.
This cost-effective solution is designed to be rolled out using existing infrastructure, with no need for investment in costly rapid construction efforts. With this innovative solution they can have places like Gallagher estate or the CTICC converted into medical overflow facilities within a matter of hours.
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Its a bad day, not a bad life – Building your brand |#LTM |#BjornSalsone |# Sunil Osman |#Marketing |#Podcast - October 15, 2020
- Lockdown points to a new way to grow local economies | #eBizInsights - October 14, 2020
- The Outdoor Measurement Council (OMC) releases latest ROAD data | #eBizWires - October 14, 2020
- Getting ready for REMOTE SELLING | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#B2B| #Podcast - October 14, 2020