In a shock to most people and pundits the world over, Donald Trump was elected by the American people to be the next President of the USA. Despite loosing the Popular vote to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, Trump won the electoral college (and thus the presidency) comfortably with a much stronger than expected showing in the Midwest cementing his victory.
Markets reacted initally with shock, the effect was immediate and dramatic but has since stabilised as the market has processed this information. Locally the reaction was felt negatively with the Rand loosing value as well as the JSE falling upon opening.
We discuss these events as well as other economic news of the week with Andre Botha of TreasuryOne.
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020