Recently there has been an explosion in the uptake of chatbots, especially by corporates.
Today Dion Chang examines how the trend of mechanization has continued, now expressed in the for of chatbots. As AI has developed, so programmes are able to now have entire conversations with humans, picking up on keywords or phrases that then determine what the programme says.
Some of the programmes are so good that humans don’t know they are chatting to a computer and not a person.
This does raise some ethical concerns which we also address. We discuss the impact that these bots will have on both the economy and society, certainly jobs in call centres could be at risk!
Take a listen below.
Dion Chang is the founder of Flux Trends. For more trends visit:
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019