Recently there has been an explosion in the uptake of chatbots, especially by corporates.
Today Dion Chang examines how the trend of mechanization has continued, now expressed in the for of chatbots. As AI has developed, so programmes are able to now have entire conversations with humans, picking up on keywords or phrases that then determine what the programme says.
Some of the programmes are so good that humans don’t know they are chatting to a computer and not a person.
This does raise some ethical concerns which we also address. We discuss the impact that these bots will have on both the economy and society, certainly jobs in call centres could be at risk!
Take a listen below.
Dion Chang is the founder of Flux Trends. For more trends visit:
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 27, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020
- Insights on Data 6:How Hacks occur; a fast, ever-evolving landscape | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - June 23, 2020
- Being an ”Essential Service” during Lockdown, Vox’s experience | #eBizInsights | Jacques du Toit of Vox| Podcast - June 18, 2020
- Covid-19 provides construction industry with opportunity for change | #eBizInsight - June 18, 2020