WATER WISE IS KEY AT THE ABSA CAPE EPIC | #eBizWires
With the Absa Cape Epic taking place from 18 to 25 March 2018 and government encouraging both locals and tourists to consciously save water, Hansgrohe South Africa as an official supplier for the ShowerZone in the race villages, is dedicated to helping the race reduce its water consumption.
As a provider of high quality, award-winning products for the kitchen and bathroom, the organisation has, since 2012, been providing and managing the temporary shower service for riders and is now proud to be back in 2018 to champion water saving.
“We are passionate about this sponsorship because it allows us to make a deep environmental impact“ says Mariëtte Zietsman, Marketing Manager at Hansgrohe South Africa. The showertrucks in the ShowerZone area are equiped with extraordinary Eco-smart technology – a sophisticated flow limiter, special jets and the mixture of air – reducing water usage in the showers by 60%. Hansgrohe will also support the ABSA Cape Epic in promoting 90 second showers to reduce water consumtion even further. By keeping their showers below 90 seconds – and with the Croma Green 1 jet’s 7.6l/min capabilities (the current installed overhead shower in the showertrucks) – riders will be using only 10 litres of water a day.
Grey water from the shower areas will then be used to clean the bikes – with any remaining grey water being re-purposed to maintain the grounds.
“Our aim is to ensure that while participants enjoy the event, that they also gain an understanding of the benefits of long term water economy. The drought has sharpened our focus towards a potential disaster in the Cape, but this is not an isolated case. The reality is that South Africans and visitors need to take a long-term approach for saving the resource in this country. We are committed to promoting this message both through initiatives such as this and in the development and promotion of our products“ says David Cooper, MD, Hansgrohe South Africa.
“To counter the short-term effects of the drought, the City has put in a number of initiatives to increase the supply of water and make provision for the shortages. The current water restriction is limited to 50 litres of water consumption per person per day and initiatives such as this will assist us in ensuring that this happens.
“We are working closely with our sponsors, partners and service providers to ensure every responsible measure is in place to conserve water without compromising the rider experience and safety at the race. Riders will need to be really conscious of their water usage at the event and we are urging them to make every single drop count” concludes Michael Flinn, Managing Director, Absa Cape Epic.
For more information on water saving and Hansgrohe Africa visit www.hansgrohe.co.za
Product Information – hansgrohe Croma Green 1-jet Showerhead, 2.0 GPM
– Shower head size: 75 mm
– Spray type: stream
– Maximum flow rate: 7.6 litres per minute
– Installed on the wall
– Suitable for continuous flow water heaters with an output of 18 kW.
- Smart Media provides Dis-Chem with unique in-store customer media experiences | #eBizWires | Mark Uria - June 22, 2018
- SA DESIGNERS UNITE IN UNPRECEDENTED DESIGNATHON | #eBizWires | Lesley Waterkeyn - June 21, 2018
- Compliance and POPIA | #eBizTechnology | Tash Finnigan - June 20, 2018
- Jewish Literary Festival has more than a way with words, it has a way with people - June 19, 2018
- CM TRADING- Simple and Successful | #eBizFinance | Daniel Kibel - June 18, 2018
- Bursary Applications Now Open | #eBizWires - June 14, 2018
- LoyaltyPlus’ refined AgriBonus helps SA’s agriculture flourish | #eBizWires - June 14, 2018
- Cloud file data requires back-ups| #eBizTechnology | Gerhard Conradie - June 14, 2018
- Using the cloud for tailored insurance solutions | #eBizInsights | Patrick Ashton - June 13, 2018
- Twitter Delinquent Disorder (TDD) | #eBizWires | Howard Feldman - June 12, 2018
- Smart Media provides Dis-Chem with unique in-store customer media experiences | #eBizWires | Mark Uria
- SA DESIGNERS UNITE IN UNPRECEDENTED DESIGNATHON | #eBizWires | Lesley Waterkeyn
- Compliance and POPIA | #eBizTechnology | Tash Finnigan
- Jewish Literary Festival has more than a way with words, it has a way with people
- CM TRADING- Simple and Successful | #eBizFinance | Daniel Kibel
- Bursary Applications Now Open | #eBizWires
Smart Media provides Dis-Chem with unique in-store customer media experiences | #eBizWires | Mark UriaBiz WiresFeaturedPodcast
- Biz WiresFeaturedPodcast
- FeaturedPodcastTechno Biz