Tuluntulu has been selected by the Unilever Foundry 50 as one of the top 50 start ups in the world. The first, and only one from Africa. The “official” event takes place at the Cannes Lions in France next week.
See http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/unilever-s-foundry50-brings-ad-tech-bounty-cannes/299020/ for more information.
Global consumer demand for video content over the Internet is borne out by the fact that over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month, watching in excess of 4 billion hours of video. Interestingly, 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US. Currently 25% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices with people watching one billion views a day on YouTube mobile.
Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011. In the USA approximately 8% of mobile video is now watched on tablets and / or smart phones.
YouTube, although the largest distributor of online video, is by no means the only distributor of online video, attesting to the significant consumer demand for video worldwide.
As the cost of smart phones and data continue to fall, the consumption of online video content (including mobile devices) globally continues to grow at exponential rates. The consumption of online video on mobile devices has been fuelled by ever improving phone technology and increased mobile data speeds in the developed economy.
Developing markets have however been left behind in the great digital divide due in part by the cost of smartphones but more importantly by the connection the phone has to the Internet. Currently streaming video only delivers an acceptable experience on 3G or faster networks. These Networks are next generation networks and are not unlikely to have great penetration in developing markets.
Whilst mobile phone penetration in developing markets such as India, Indonesia, China, Brazil and Africa continues to grow at exponential rates, access to the internet, and in particular access to video on the internet is constrained by use experiences of slow download speeds which results in consumer frustration and subsequent disuse.
Tuluntulu has developed and patented unique ARTIST streaming technology that extends the reach of mobile video to smartphones utilising the Android operating system connected via low bandwidth or congested environment allowing for uninterrupted video streaming on current generation networks.
The ARTIST technology is unique and only Tuluntulu can deliver on EDGE below 85kbps. This technology gives the Tuluntulu a technological advantage, particularly in developing countries, thereby positioning Tuluntulu as the gateway to mobile content distribution in the underserviced developing world.
Tuluntulu is a content distribution platform for mobile phones. It is designed to meet the challenges of the developing world’s congested mobile networks and low-bandwidth environments.
It offers users an affordable, uninterrupted viewing experience. Content creators and advertisers have access to a potential audience of millions and the opportunity to create streamed channels that serve unique content to consumers.
Tuluntulu’s platform, Adaptive Real-time Internet Streaming Technology (ARTIST) has been in development for over six years. It is the product of a consortium of researchers and engineers from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), the University of Cape Town (UCT), and East Coast Access (Pty) Ltd (ECA), a BEE Internet service provider.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020