T’s & C’s Apply unpacks the pending ban on alcohol advertising and the implications it will have on the media and marketing industries.
The duo of T’s & C’s Apply are joined by; Nick Terry – Founder & CEO of TMARC – his industry insights are invaluable as he brings with him over 20 years F.M.C.G experience across Africa and was previously in the tobacco industry which underwent advertising banning a while ago, and Bongumusa Makhathini – SAB head of Public Policy and Strategy Integration – he also currently serves as President of the Convocation of the University of Zululand and previously worked for Accenture, a leading Management Consulting and Information Technology Outsourcing group.
Setting the scene – It needs to be stated that Tony Koenderman for the purpose of this discussion took the opposing side to the other 3 conversationalists and spoke on the support of the ban whilst the others spoke on the opposition of the ban.
Flow of the conversation:
- Health vs. Wealth
- What can we learn from the tobacco industry
- The current proposed legislation is not clearly defined and the end game is not obvious
- Will consumption lessen through intervention
- Who is going to police this?
- We have missed the fundamentals guys
- Jobs, tax and revenue are lost, now what?
- Anti-competiveness rears its head
- Self regulate or others will regulate for you with draconian methods
- Are the financial implications misguided?
- Lobbyists need to come to the party
About Ts & Cs Apply
A no holds barred series of conversations hosted by Tony Koenderman & Craig Page-Lee.Thought provoking and challenging – filling a gap in the marketing space that is free to all with no T’s & C’s applied.
On the backend of some serious and meaningful industry comments and conversation currently not happening on the African continent the conceptualization and launching of Ts & Cs Apply hopes to fill that gap in the industry.
The creation of key conversation capital that is available to anyone who is interested in the fast moving marketing space in Africa – from local to global – Ts & Cs Apply is the meeting ground of minds and insight sharing through the downloading of audio podcasts that are free and meant to be shared with your colleagues, competitors and working community – from the boardroom to the classroom.
Joining Tony and Craig on a regular basis will be industry thought-leaders, innovators and instigators – the sort of people that have no problem getting down and dirty into an industry conversation that serves as catalytic convertors for improvement and growth of the marketing space across Africa.
Editor & Publisher: AdReview
Managing Director – Posterscope SA
The back-room innovators:
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019