Jarred Mailer-Lyons, Head of Digital at The MediaShop says that we’re moving into a world where the boundaries of physical and digital are becoming blurred. Audiences today are far more connected and marketers have to find innovative ways to stand out in order to make real connections.
During his State of the Nation address, President Ramaphosa promised free data to low-income South Africans. This is a massive opportunity for digital media specialists like us to reach an existing market that has previously been quite difficult to connect with on digital channels.
The media industry, digital in particular, is facing a tremendous growth period right now which will only accelerate once we return to the new post Covid-19 normal. But this also comes with its own challenges.
An example in our industry, is that as Generation Z (those born from 1995) start to enter the job market, we will be seeing significant changes in the ways that brands and consumers communicate as digital behaviours are expected to shift – faster than they did before. As we head into the 4IR (4th Industrial Revolution), Gen Z’s efforts are going to be more focused on using technology that allow for more personal and financial independence, diversity and competitiveness.
This audience is typically a self-starter, self-motivator and self-learner who place a premium on do-it-yourself, innovation and entrepreneurship activities. They respond to open, honest and timely messaging and prefer in-person, collaborative and transparent communication.
We certainly have our work cut out for us in this ever evolving digital ecosystem. We’re having to constantly reinvent and find innovative solutions whilst still having a solid understanding of our audience and their behaviours outside of the current brand eco-systems and of course maintaining an agnostic approach to digital media by focusing on media types that deliver against client’s objectives.
At The MediaShop our data vision approach is about continued refinement, optimisation, and collaboration to deliver the right message, to the right consumer at the right time with the right outcome. We do this by utilising our proprietary and industry tools that help deliver the most effective media agnostic solutions. Tools like Wave, Matrix, Similarweb, Narratiive and the many free to use Google and Facebook analytical tools can all help navigate an effective strategy that will ultimately hit all the right notes.
The MediaShop is South Africa’s most established, most awarded, most transformed media agency, and member of the Nahana Communications Group of specialist agencies, each with their own independent structures, cultures and management teams, and a desire to work together where synergy exists.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021