Cape Town it’s nearly time! The refreshed Whisky & Gin Live Celebration will be landing at the V&A Waterfront’s The LookOut on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of May. This year’s event introduces a bold new gin focus to add to its established whisky offerings.
“One of the many highlight’s at this year’s Cape Town Celebration is the launch of White Walker by Johnnie Walker, especially themed for Games of Thrones fans!” says Whisky Live CEO Ken Varejes. “The Celebration also has a brand new look and layout with areas devoted to entertainment, food, gin and whisky tastings and more.”
Johnnie Walker’s White Walker is encapsulated in an icy white and blue design along with the iconic Johnnie Walker Striding Man now fashioned in armour to fit in among the ranks of the Night King’s forces. The Scotch has notes of caramelised sugar and vanilla, fresh red berries with a touch of orchard fruit and features Single Malts from Cardhu and Clynelish – one of Scotland’s most Northern distilleries.
“We are excited to launch the limited-edition White Walker by Johnnie Walker in collaboration with the TV series Game of Thrones. Partnering with HBO and Game of Thrones is an innovative and ground-breaking shift adding cultural relevance and a unique way in how South Africans consume whiskey. We are confident from a brand’s perspective that our fans will love the delicious whiskey served frozen whilst watching their favourite show,” said Zumi Njongwe, Marketing and Innovation Director, Diageo South Africa.
Other exhibitors include brands Hyde Irish Whiskies; Black Tomato Gin; Cannabis Sativa Gin; ZAR Whisky; Glen Scotia; Loch Lomond; Haig; Dewar; Aultmore; Cape Town Rooibos Red Gin; Cape Town the Pink Lady; S.I.N High Tea Cucumber, Tropical Pink Grapefruit, Summer Orange and Mediterranean Dry Lemon Gins; The Gin Factory; Jura; Glenbrynth; The Dalmore; The Glenlivet; Aberlour; Irish Pot Sills; Glendronach; Ardberg; Glenmorangie; Kirsty’s Gin; IAM Khanyi Gin and more.
“We’re looking forward to a brilliant three-day Whisky & Gin Live Celebration and would encourage whisky and gin connoisseurs and newbies, to introduce their palates to new experiences this year,” says Ken.
Whisky Live supports responsible drinking. Tickets are available at TicketPro from R260 online or R290 at the door. For more information follow Whisky Live on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, search for #WhiskyLiveSA or visit us on www.whiskylive.co.za
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020