The Rand is trading in a narrow band between R 14.10- R14.50, however within that narrow band alot of variability exists; each day large swings within that range occur as investors show the lack of direction both local and international markets.
This is due to the continuing uncertainty of both a US interest rate hike. Many analysts believe that a hike is inevitable, but the statements coming out from the Federal Bank change daily from board member to board member.
With employment levels in the USA peaking, the dual mandate of the Fed (control inflation and create employment) is presenting problems for policy makers. Full employment will hecneforth allow the fed to raise rates (albeit at a slow pace).
Across in Europe, the data is mixed, Germany and the UK (despite brexit) continue to show strength while the rest of the continent lags behind.
- Coronavirus will speed up 4IR| #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- Do you have the grit to go on your own? |#Entrepreneur |#Naomi Butow | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- How do the “Differently-abled” cope with Lock-down? |#Health |#Veronica Pronk | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- We are all running a marathon right now|#Lifestyle |#AJ Venter |#Mike Sewell - April 1, 2020
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020