The rand continues to strengthen as foreign inflows of capital are above what they have been in recent times.
The strengthening of the rand comes at a cost however; gold and mining stocks have taken a beating as the value of their profits erodes.
Further afield the topic of US interest rates is up for discussion again; with employment levels continually improving and inflation slowly rising, a case can be made that a futher rate hike will be needed.
Andre Botha and Nick von Stein then discuss the situation in Europe, highlighting the so called PIGS economies (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain).
Take a listen below.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019