It has been a very busy week in South Africa’s political Landscape:
The release of the Public Protectors report on State Capture as well as the Dropping of charges against Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has led to rally in the Rand against international currencies the Euro, Pound and Dollar. The Rand is currently trading in the mid R 13’s to the Dollar, bellow R 17 to to the Pound and below R 15 to the Euro.
Interantionally, US growth came at a above expected 2.9% for the third quarter boosted by a larger than anticipated export numbers. This strengthens the case for a interest rate hike in December by the US Fed.
Markets across the globe are awaiting the result of the USA Presidnetial and Congressional elections on Tuesday, markets are jittery at the thought of Donald Trump Presidency.
In europe, the UK’s Gdp numbers were in the positive, though barely (o.5% growth), this has been largely attributed to the shock of the Brexit vote back in June.
Across the rest of Europe there is little news.
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathon Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020