It has been a very busy week in South Africa’s political Landscape:
The release of the Public Protectors report on State Capture as well as the Dropping of charges against Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has led to rally in the Rand against international currencies the Euro, Pound and Dollar. The Rand is currently trading in the mid R 13’s to the Dollar, bellow R 17 to to the Pound and below R 15 to the Euro.
Interantionally, US growth came at a above expected 2.9% for the third quarter boosted by a larger than anticipated export numbers. This strengthens the case for a interest rate hike in December by the US Fed.
Markets across the globe are awaiting the result of the USA Presidnetial and Congressional elections on Tuesday, markets are jittery at the thought of Donald Trump Presidency.
In europe, the UK’s Gdp numbers were in the positive, though barely (o.5% growth), this has been largely attributed to the shock of the Brexit vote back in June.
Across the rest of Europe there is little news.
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Its a bad day, not a bad life – Building your brand |#LTM |#BjornSalsone |# Sunil Osman |#Marketing |#Podcast - October 15, 2020
- Lockdown points to a new way to grow local economies | #eBizInsights - October 14, 2020
- The Outdoor Measurement Council (OMC) releases latest ROAD data | #eBizWires - October 14, 2020
- Getting ready for REMOTE SELLING | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#B2B| #Podcast - October 14, 2020