It has been a very busy week in South Africa’s political Landscape:
The release of the Public Protectors report on State Capture as well as the Dropping of charges against Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has led to rally in the Rand against international currencies the Euro, Pound and Dollar. The Rand is currently trading in the mid R 13’s to the Dollar, bellow R 17 to to the Pound and below R 15 to the Euro.
Interantionally, US growth came at a above expected 2.9% for the third quarter boosted by a larger than anticipated export numbers. This strengthens the case for a interest rate hike in December by the US Fed.
Markets across the globe are awaiting the result of the USA Presidnetial and Congressional elections on Tuesday, markets are jittery at the thought of Donald Trump Presidency.
In europe, the UK’s Gdp numbers were in the positive, though barely (o.5% growth), this has been largely attributed to the shock of the Brexit vote back in June.
Across the rest of Europe there is little news.
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020
- Choice, mobility, convenience drive customer experience | #eBizWires | Joshua Salani - February 5, 2020