It has been a very busy week in South Africa’s political Landscape:
The release of the Public Protectors report on State Capture as well as the Dropping of charges against Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has led to rally in the Rand against international currencies the Euro, Pound and Dollar. The Rand is currently trading in the mid R 13’s to the Dollar, bellow R 17 to to the Pound and below R 15 to the Euro.
Interantionally, US growth came at a above expected 2.9% for the third quarter boosted by a larger than anticipated export numbers. This strengthens the case for a interest rate hike in December by the US Fed.
Markets across the globe are awaiting the result of the USA Presidnetial and Congressional elections on Tuesday, markets are jittery at the thought of Donald Trump Presidency.
In europe, the UK’s Gdp numbers were in the positive, though barely (o.5% growth), this has been largely attributed to the shock of the Brexit vote back in June.
Across the rest of Europe there is little news.
- EQ in the Workplace | #eBizInsigights |Howard Feldman - October 16, 2019
- Actionable intelligence essential for cyber defence #eBizWires - October 16, 2019
- Synthesis joins Confluent Partner Programme | #eBizWires - October 14, 2019
- IWG explores the aspects of franchising that makes it a popular choice amongst African Investors in times of uncertainty - October 14, 2019
- Insurers need contextualised marketing| #eBizInsights - October 11, 2019
- SPARK Media hosts Michael Charton in #RWC forgotten Bokke vs New Zealand tales: An invitation | #eBizWires - October 9, 2019
- Empowering those who care for the Disabled | #eBizPayItForward| Xelda Rohrbeck - October 9, 2019
- Great Karoo Spirit gin wins big with Bossieveld Gin - October 8, 2019
- Rugby World Cup 2019…the numbers you never knew| #eBizInsights| Richard Lord - October 8, 2019
- R1.3-MILLION FIRST PLACE PRIZE FOR BEST LOCAL SOCIAL INNOVATION | #eBizPayItForward| Bridgit Evans - October 7, 2019