The Market is still being swayed largely by both the US fed and the US election as November 8 edges closer and closer….
The Rand is currently drifting in R13.70’s with no clear direction as all the volatility of the past few weeks has all but died away. The incessant talk of the Fed has done the opposite of Rand volatility and rumours are abound that the Fed could hike in December.
These rumours make tomorrow’s Non-Farm Payroll number more important and we can see huge volatility when the number will be released as a good number will almost lock in a rate hike for December. Expect the Rand to chase quite close to the R14.00 level should the number goes against Emerging Markets.
The South African Reserve Bank Governor, stated yesterday that the Rand is undervalued according to the Reserve Bank and this, while we agree with the statement, is not a guarantee that the Rand will strengthen.
TreasuryOne provides a daily market view and daily market rates in the morning and afternoon via Whatsapp. If you want to receive up to date market information, please add the following number to your contact list – TreasuryOne market rates no 061 109 3649 and complete the following form for us to add you to the service.
Andre Botha in conversation with eBizRadio’s Nick von Stein
PODCAST | Click HERE to listen
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020