The Market is still being swayed largely by both the US fed and the US election as November 8 edges closer and closer….
The Rand is currently drifting in R13.70’s with no clear direction as all the volatility of the past few weeks has all but died away. The incessant talk of the Fed has done the opposite of Rand volatility and rumours are abound that the Fed could hike in December.
These rumours make tomorrow’s Non-Farm Payroll number more important and we can see huge volatility when the number will be released as a good number will almost lock in a rate hike for December. Expect the Rand to chase quite close to the R14.00 level should the number goes against Emerging Markets.
The South African Reserve Bank Governor, stated yesterday that the Rand is undervalued according to the Reserve Bank and this, while we agree with the statement, is not a guarantee that the Rand will strengthen.
TreasuryOne provides a daily market view and daily market rates in the morning and afternoon via Whatsapp. If you want to receive up to date market information, please add the following number to your contact list – TreasuryOne market rates no 061 109 3649 and complete the following form for us to add you to the service.
Andre Botha in conversation with eBizRadio’s Nick von Stein
PODCAST | Click HERE to listen
- The Truth About Xenophobia in South Africa |#Insights |#Devan Moonsamy - September 16, 2019
- FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE IS THE NEW FRANCHISE FRONTIER | #eBizInsights - September 16, 2019
- How the office will change by 2025 in Africa? |#eBizInsights - September 13, 2019
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019