Technology has permeated all facets of business. Today, it has become less about the bits and bytes and more about unlocking the efficiency of processes, improving the customer experience, and better understanding data to deliver on the company strategy. Those organisations looking to provide differentiation must become smarter in how they leverage the technology, systems, and data at their disposal.
To become agile for the increasingly digitally-aware age, companies should consider rethinking how they approach their teams, their development and computing environments, their data, and even their managed services. Ultimately, it is about integrating these pillars into a common vision underpinned by innovative technologies that unlock busines value.
Teamwork is all about creating, collaborating, and communication. Given the current reality of remote working, companies must ensure that teams are performing optimally regardless of the physical location of its members. Those organisations to excel in this new normal will be the ones that empower teams to share knowledge and track work more efficiently. It is not about working harder but working smarter leveraging the solutions available.
A more bespoke development approach can greatly help in this regard. By building, running, and deploying solutions more reflective of current demands, companies can better adapt to evolving customer requirements. Being able to leverage the high performance computing capabilities of the cloud will result in a significantly shorter development life cycle that delivers iterative enhancements faster than was possible before. This smarter development also scales according to business requirements while giving decision-makers the ability to adopt micro-services to innovative faster in a market driven by effective data analysis.
The cloud has become a vital ally in this regard. It delivers organisations with the availability, manageability, and scalability required to maintain operations while still delivering business value. Whether it is a start-up or a multinational business, there are benefits to be had by embracing the cloud in all facets of operations.
Of course, the cloud by itself cannot deliver this value. Companies must smartly assess their on-premise capabilities and look at how to use the cloud in the areas that deliver the most benefit. One of these is in data management. The business environment is driven by data and requires more effective decision-making based on real-time insights on the information available.
By embracing offerings that incorporate the full lifecycle of data (including the sourcing, ingestion, transformation, storage, and provisioning of it), companies can rapidly respond to the specific needs of their customers. Additionally, this must happen within regulatory constraints to ensure compliancy is adhered to.
In this changing environment, it is therefore critical for companies to have access to smarter managed service providers that understand their unique business requirements. It is not just about installing a solution and moving on but rather looking at how infrastructure and applications can better work together to enable management to keep focused on their core business strategies.
For more information, go to: https://smarter.co.za/
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions. The company was started in 1995 as a services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure.
Obsidian Systems has since expanded its knowledge base by acquiring 25% of both Autumn Leaf and GuruHut. The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java expertise aligning our enterprise-ready open solutions for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready infrastructure, big data, agile and bimodal IT strategies for your business.
We strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification.
- Education institutions band together to slash prices for #BlackFriday |#PayItForward | The Knowledge Trust - November 24, 2020
- What is motivational leadership? |#LTL |#Leadership |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Dan Davis |#Penbev | #Cocacola - November 23, 2020
- Sexual harrasement is NOT ACCEPTABLE – Call it out! |#LTS |#kevinbritz |#laurenbritz | Lunch Time Stories | #Podcast |#ebizradio - November 20, 2020
- Doctors make the worst patients | Male breast cancer and business |#LTM |#kevinbrtiz |#bjornsalsone | Dr Carel Piet van Eeden|#Marketing |#Podcast - November 19, 2020
- Are you the next The MediaShop Johannesburg MD? |#eBizWires - November 18, 2020
- Work from home has fundamentally redefined the eight-hour workday | #eBizInsights | Richard Firth - November 18, 2020
- How to hone your selling skills! |#ShelleyWalters |#Sales |#Podcst |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020
- What habits have we picked up whilst working remotely? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#coaching | Barry Davis |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020
- Ad-fatigue and banner-blindness! |#Letstalkdigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Digital | Casey Saran | Danny Greeff |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 17, 2020
- What is Kinesiology and how can your body benefit? |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Callie Knickelbein |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 17, 2020