The recent announcement of News24’s paywall introduction in order to sustain the accuracy and independence of their news, has highlighted the truth about the importance and the cost of news. “Newsgathering and dissemination is an expensive business.”
At SPARK Media, we would like to recognise and commend the advertisers who support the local newspapers. Through the sophisticated Caxton distribution network, our advertisers are able to get their printed material and advertising messages into the homes of consumers.
This ‘free subscription’ model supports the delivery of relevant and trustworthy locally relevant news to many suburbs and townships across the country.
“Looking at the combined circulation of local newspapers, they reach at least 5 million South African homes every week. Local newspaper circulations have been going against the trend of other declining print media types for two decades, says Olav Westphal, Sales Director at SPARK Media.
SPARK Media continues to be optimistic about the relevance of the local newspapers to both consumers and advertisers. Readers refer to their local papers for the localised content and advertising on a weekly basis,” he concludes.
The advertiser’s printed inserts receive an amazing depth of readership and attention, which has been supported through our ROOTS research and international Lumen eye-tracking studies. In 2020, local papers are more than capable of delivering what advertisers need: a large captive audience, receiving free content and paying high volumes of attention to the advertising associated with it.
Spark Media, a division of Caxton & CTP Publishers and Printers Ltd is an advertising and media-solutions, sales company. We represent Caxton-owned local newspapers, as well as selected independent publications in Sub-Saharan Africa. We offer solutions that focus on location-targeted content.
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- South Africa still has great investment appeal | Business Insight | CMTrading | ebizradio | - September 17, 2021
- Closing the Gap of Gender Inequality in the South African Labour Market | Business Insight | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 17, 2021