eBizRetail is back for the year! Craig and Nick discuss the newfound power of smartphone apps.
Apps are transforming how we interact with the world and each other. In 2016, the mobile market maintained strong momentum and saw significant growth in usage, downloads and revenue. Worldwide downloads exceeded 90 billion, an increase of more than 13 billion across the iOS App Store and Google Play.Overall, the total time spent in apps worldwide increased by over 150 billion hours year over year, reaching nearly 900 billion hours in 2016, this equates to 128 hours on average per person on the planet.
However what apps are popular differs greatly from region to region, in Africa, apps are more used for lifestlye and ease of access, with Facebook, Uber, Twitter and local business’s accounting for the most app traffic, whilst in the 1st world, games dominate the app.
We discuss this growth as well as how these different avenues of use can effect the potential for business in different ways.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019