eBizRetail is back for the year! Craig and Nick discuss the newfound power of smartphone apps.
Apps are transforming how we interact with the world and each other. In 2016, the mobile market maintained strong momentum and saw significant growth in usage, downloads and revenue. Worldwide downloads exceeded 90 billion, an increase of more than 13 billion across the iOS App Store and Google Play.Overall, the total time spent in apps worldwide increased by over 150 billion hours year over year, reaching nearly 900 billion hours in 2016, this equates to 128 hours on average per person on the planet.
However what apps are popular differs greatly from region to region, in Africa, apps are more used for lifestlye and ease of access, with Facebook, Uber, Twitter and local business’s accounting for the most app traffic, whilst in the 1st world, games dominate the app.
We discuss this growth as well as how these different avenues of use can effect the potential for business in different ways.
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020