eBizRetail is back for the year! Craig and Nick discuss the newfound power of smartphone apps.
Apps are transforming how we interact with the world and each other. In 2016, the mobile market maintained strong momentum and saw significant growth in usage, downloads and revenue. Worldwide downloads exceeded 90 billion, an increase of more than 13 billion across the iOS App Store and Google Play.Overall, the total time spent in apps worldwide increased by over 150 billion hours year over year, reaching nearly 900 billion hours in 2016, this equates to 128 hours on average per person on the planet.
However what apps are popular differs greatly from region to region, in Africa, apps are more used for lifestlye and ease of access, with Facebook, Uber, Twitter and local business’s accounting for the most app traffic, whilst in the 1st world, games dominate the app.
We discuss this growth as well as how these different avenues of use can effect the potential for business in different ways.
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020