Today Dion and Nick discuss how politics whether local or international is invading other areas of human activity:
Last year, a Russian consumer watchdog agency shut down four McDonald’s restaurants in Moscow for alleged sanitary violations – a move seen by critics as a tit-for-tat sanctions war with the America.
In the same month, President Putin ordered an embargo on meat, poultry, fish, dairy and produce from the USA, Canada, Australia, Norway and the European Union in response to those countries’ economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
Back home in South Africa, members of the Congress of SA Students made a highly publicised political statement, by placing a pig’s head in the kosher section of Woolworth’s Sea Point branch in Cape Town, in protest of the retailer’s trade relationship with Israel.
Food, fast or otherwise, seems to be the new political weapon for diplomatic protest. The saying, “a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” might just need to be revised to, “a way to push through a political view, is via the drive through”.
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020