Today Dion and Nick discuss how politics whether local or international is invading other areas of human activity:
Last year, a Russian consumer watchdog agency shut down four McDonald’s restaurants in Moscow for alleged sanitary violations – a move seen by critics as a tit-for-tat sanctions war with the America.
In the same month, President Putin ordered an embargo on meat, poultry, fish, dairy and produce from the USA, Canada, Australia, Norway and the European Union in response to those countries’ economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
Back home in South Africa, members of the Congress of SA Students made a highly publicised political statement, by placing a pig’s head in the kosher section of Woolworth’s Sea Point branch in Cape Town, in protest of the retailer’s trade relationship with Israel.
Food, fast or otherwise, seems to be the new political weapon for diplomatic protest. The saying, “a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” might just need to be revised to, “a way to push through a political view, is via the drive through”.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020