Today Dion and Nick discuss how politics whether local or international is invading other areas of human activity:
Last year, a Russian consumer watchdog agency shut down four McDonald’s restaurants in Moscow for alleged sanitary violations – a move seen by critics as a tit-for-tat sanctions war with the America.
In the same month, President Putin ordered an embargo on meat, poultry, fish, dairy and produce from the USA, Canada, Australia, Norway and the European Union in response to those countries’ economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
Back home in South Africa, members of the Congress of SA Students made a highly publicised political statement, by placing a pig’s head in the kosher section of Woolworth’s Sea Point branch in Cape Town, in protest of the retailer’s trade relationship with Israel.
Food, fast or otherwise, seems to be the new political weapon for diplomatic protest. The saying, “a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” might just need to be revised to, “a way to push through a political view, is via the drive through”.
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021