The lost millenials is a tribe that Dion Chang deconstructed in his seminal e-book “New Urban Tribes of South Africa”. Chang placed this tribe within the rich tapestry of South Africa’s identities and positioned it as a dangerously overlooked tribe. The lost millennials have been a key conversation point in South Africa’s narrative – actively wondering how best to solve the education conundrum, youth unemployment and a growing apathy filtering down into this generation with so much potential. What is trending are educational innovations that look to combat the hopeless situation of the lost millennial.
Dion Chang in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
With the changing global landscape – access to technology and globalisation increasing; how do these changes influence innovation in education?
Innovations are sprouting globally to address providing accessible education, not only by academic institutions and specialists but most notably by brands and innovators equipping themselves with the responsibility to help shape the world of tomorrow. There is an astonishing impact of the online revolution on student culture and access to information that means that we can create tailored experiences for the learning process to happen online. The trend seems to be experimentation with putting course syllabi and assignments on a platform that students can access anywhere and anytime. In emerging markets and Africa in particular, the mobile device and what it means in terms of access becomes paramount.
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021