The lost millenials is a tribe that Dion Chang deconstructed in his seminal e-book “New Urban Tribes of South Africa”. Chang placed this tribe within the rich tapestry of South Africa’s identities and positioned it as a dangerously overlooked tribe. The lost millennials have been a key conversation point in South Africa’s narrative – actively wondering how best to solve the education conundrum, youth unemployment and a growing apathy filtering down into this generation with so much potential. What is trending are educational innovations that look to combat the hopeless situation of the lost millennial.
Dion Chang in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
With the changing global landscape – access to technology and globalisation increasing; how do these changes influence innovation in education?
Innovations are sprouting globally to address providing accessible education, not only by academic institutions and specialists but most notably by brands and innovators equipping themselves with the responsibility to help shape the world of tomorrow. There is an astonishing impact of the online revolution on student culture and access to information that means that we can create tailored experiences for the learning process to happen online. The trend seems to be experimentation with putting course syllabi and assignments on a platform that students can access anywhere and anytime. In emerging markets and Africa in particular, the mobile device and what it means in terms of access becomes paramount.
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020