Dark Social as a marketing opportunity is one of the most exciting and potentially lucrative opportunities available to marketers today and can be defined as “social sharing that occurs in private digital communication tools such as email and instant messaging”.
It represents three times the social sharing activity of Facebook alone, according to Post data generated by users who share Web content using the RadiumOne Post sharing widgets and short URL software.
Advertisers and publishers are now realizing the value it represents in understanding real-time consumer interest and intent. It’s a large and accurate data source that, once harnessed, can be used to convert valuable potential new customers for advertisers and new audiences for publishers.
Data and delivery should never be separated. It takes an integrated platform that combines the power of data collection, data management and real-time media delivery to make social insights actionable.
RadiumOne’s integrated platform manages data generated by a wide variety of sources including the Po.st Sharing Widgets and Po.st Link Shortener.
It uses a proprietary sharing algorithms, ShareGraph™, to amplify social data. Activation happens with the integrated platform when data informs targeting and bidding in real time to place media across all channels and devices.
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019