IWG – the world’s largest provider of flexible workspace – recently spread its franchise programme into Africa to meet rocketing demand for flexible, modern office space and access to services across the continent. With the first franchise centre already opened in Angola and new centres opening in Guinea and Djibouti soon, the company is seeking committed, driven franchise partners to open IWG centres, incl. Regus and Spaces, across Africa.
Flexible working (sometimes called coworking) in Africa has received an injection in the past few years due to local and international investment in the tech and innovation start-up space. By 2019, GSMA research suggested there were 618 active (recorded) tech hubs in Africa, up from 314 in 2016 and up 40% from 442 in 2018. Think tanks and innovation hub teamed up with coworking spaces to provide the necessary infrastructure to stimulate growth for start-ups. Also known as flex time or flexitime, flexible working refers to non-traditional working arrangements that consider an individual’s personal needs and the ability to work when and where they want.
“Since 2013, the flexible workspace sector has shown 23% average annual growth, according to Stanlib research and by 2020 it’s estimated that 50% of all workers will be remote most of the time,” says Mo Nanabhay, Franchise Development Director of IWG Africa “To meet the growing demand, we are looking to rapidly expand our network through franchising while making an unprecedented investment opportunity available.”
To meet its progressive plans for expansion, Regus is seeking local African multi-brand franchise operators, landlords, private equity firms and high net-worth individuals as partners. Franchise partners would expect to follow a development plan and open an agreed number of centres over a 5-year period.
Franchisees should also have at least three years’ sales management and customer service experience and two years’ worth of expertise in community marketing, working with a sales team of at least five people. A commitment to upholding Regus’s high operational and reputational standards is also a must.
Thank you for taking
the time to read through this, if this is something you would be interested in
publishing, please let me know or for more information kindly contact
Gidgette – [email protected]
- Shaking up the world of entertainment | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Shaky Russell | #ebizradio | #podcast - December 8, 2021
- The impact of support for Grade 7 learners and beyond | #Classroom | #Insight | The Love Trust | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - December 8, 2021
- KYC trends for 2022 – Know Your Customer | #Insights | CONTACTABLE | #ebizradio | #Digital - December 8, 2021
- Why Inhousing Is The Future Of Digital Marketing | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Caitlin Gevers | Craige Dixon | Jellyfish | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 8, 2021
- How Separation Impacts Tenants And Landlords Alike | #Property | #Insight | Shanaaz Trethewey | RentMaster | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- Turn Key Building Contractors | #Entrepreneur | Business Brunch | Björn Salsone | Bernice Els - December 7, 2021
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO INVESTING OFFSHORE – What if it’s easier than you think? | #Insight | #Money | Nelisiwe Masango | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- “ALWAYS SHOW UP, NO MATTER WHAT” |#Insight | #Entrepreneur | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch Whiskey | #ebizradio - December 7, 2021
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021