Entries for the Firstwatch Entrepreneur’s Challenge 2021 are now open nationwide, to provide motivated local entrepreneurs, both current and aspiring with an opportunity to win R50 000 in cash plus business support. A renowned panel will hand-pick 160 people to join the Challenge’s intensive two-day skills development workshop, which encompasses robust, hands-on experiential learning with some of the country’s leading business experts. The workshop will be supported by a podcast series featuring Ambassadors from across the country sharing their stories, tips and tricks to navigate the world of entrepreneurship.
These Ambassadors are all self-made entrepreneurs, proudly representing their provinces as leaders in their fields and communities. Simo Nzama, the KZN Ambassador, professional MC, social entrepreneur and Founder/Chairperson of the Seemorepossibilities Foundation, expands on the importance of providing entrepreneurs with opportunities to shine.
“My focus is on social entrepreneurship. Promoting social intelligence in terms of business is extremely beneficial, particularly in townships where the success rate is often low. As an Ambassador, I aim to help people think beyond the crisis,” says Simo. He adds, “every person has their own unique energy and I hope to help young entrepreneurs apply their energy to entrepreneurship in the most positive way”.
Simo comes into the Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge with a highly specialised skill-set and a history of social activism. He has made a career of imparting knowledge in an entertaining and receptive way, engaging in township leadership seminars aimed at revitalising and shaping community leaders for social cohesion, and has been at the helm of several township revitalisation and rebranding initiatives.
Simo’s involvement in the Firstwatch Entrepreneurs Challenge will see him lending his knowledge and experience to contenders from the KZN region. Simo adds, “Confidence in business is a challenge for many young African entrepreneurs. Presenting a business the right way – and with confidence – is a valuable skill that can take any business to the next level. This is one of the key skills I hope to impart. Working on this challenge is a first for me and I’m super excited to be a part of it.”
Simo and his fellow Ambassadors from the Eastern Cape, Gauteng and the Western Cape will, through their podcasts and networking sessions, guide this year’s contenders and communities at large through the challenge journey, creating the perfect build-up to the workshop modules on topics that include Passion and Purpose, Marketing and Sales, Finance, Leadership and Pitching. The workshop will conclude with a chance for the entrepreneurs to pitch their business to the judges, ending in 10 lucky contenders one step closer to claiming the title.
Simo concludes, “It means so much to me to help other young entrepreneurs reach their goals. This kind of initiative is the best reason to wake up every day. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing other motivated people reach their full potential. This connects the dots for me between achieving my goals and helping others achieve theirs”.
As the countdown to the crowning of the 2021 Firstwatch Entrepreneur’s Challenge Winner continues, we wish wishing all the future business leaders competing for the title the best of luck. May every part of the journey be rewarding. Firstwatch. First for Everyday Entrepreneurs. First for Reward.
To find out more about the Challenge, visit https://firstwatchwhisky.co.za/.
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021