In many ways, the business world mirrors that of Nature: kill or be killed.
Whilst the ultimate fate of a company comes down to this fact, the in-between bit (where the company will operate the majority of its existence) turns out to be far more grey, just as in nature again!
Complex relationships exist in both the business environment and nature: Food webs between predators and prey are a great metaphor –
The predators hunt the prey, ensuring their own species survival whilst also weeding out the ”weak” members of the prey population, ensuring a constantly trimmed prey population has more resources to distribute amongst itself.
Similarly in business, competition ensures creativity and innovation, helps you fight costs (thus keeping your product/service more affordable), source new forms of technology/production and generally keep your business optimized for best possible performance.
In industries where a Monoploy exists, gross inefficiencies exist due to the lack of competition, as is often the case with state owned enterprises, this is one of the reasons why many economists favour private owned enterprises except where absolutely necessary…
More details in the Podcast.
- Why learning and development matters – An empowered employee shares his thoughts | #Insights | Tebogo Sethabela | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021