In many ways, the business world mirrors that of Nature: kill or be killed.
Whilst the ultimate fate of a company comes down to this fact, the in-between bit (where the company will operate the majority of its existence) turns out to be far more grey, just as in nature again!
Complex relationships exist in both the business environment and nature: Food webs between predators and prey are a great metaphor –
The predators hunt the prey, ensuring their own species survival whilst also weeding out the ”weak” members of the prey population, ensuring a constantly trimmed prey population has more resources to distribute amongst itself.
Similarly in business, competition ensures creativity and innovation, helps you fight costs (thus keeping your product/service more affordable), source new forms of technology/production and generally keep your business optimized for best possible performance.
In industries where a Monoploy exists, gross inefficiencies exist due to the lack of competition, as is often the case with state owned enterprises, this is one of the reasons why many economists favour private owned enterprises except where absolutely necessary…
More details in the Podcast.
- EQ in the Workplace | #eBizInsigights |Howard Feldman - October 16, 2019
- Actionable intelligence essential for cyber defence #eBizWires - October 16, 2019
- Synthesis joins Confluent Partner Programme | #eBizWires - October 14, 2019
- IWG explores the aspects of franchising that makes it a popular choice amongst African Investors in times of uncertainty - October 14, 2019
- Insurers need contextualised marketing| #eBizInsights - October 11, 2019
- SPARK Media hosts Michael Charton in #RWC forgotten Bokke vs New Zealand tales: An invitation | #eBizWires - October 9, 2019
- Empowering those who care for the Disabled | #eBizPayItForward| Xelda Rohrbeck - October 9, 2019
- Great Karoo Spirit gin wins big with Bossieveld Gin - October 8, 2019
- Rugby World Cup 2019…the numbers you never knew| #eBizInsights| Richard Lord - October 8, 2019
- R1.3-MILLION FIRST PLACE PRIZE FOR BEST LOCAL SOCIAL INNOVATION | #eBizPayItForward| Bridgit Evans - October 7, 2019