In many ways, the business world mirrors that of Nature: kill or be killed.
Whilst the ultimate fate of a company comes down to this fact, the in-between bit (where the company will operate the majority of its existence) turns out to be far more grey, just as in nature again!
Complex relationships exist in both the business environment and nature: Food webs between predators and prey are a great metaphor –
The predators hunt the prey, ensuring their own species survival whilst also weeding out the ”weak” members of the prey population, ensuring a constantly trimmed prey population has more resources to distribute amongst itself.
Similarly in business, competition ensures creativity and innovation, helps you fight costs (thus keeping your product/service more affordable), source new forms of technology/production and generally keep your business optimized for best possible performance.
In industries where a Monoploy exists, gross inefficiencies exist due to the lack of competition, as is often the case with state owned enterprises, this is one of the reasons why many economists favour private owned enterprises except where absolutely necessary…
More details in the Podcast.
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathon Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020