The 63rd Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, taking place between 18 and 25 June, is going to be the biggest in history, where marketers, creatives, media agency professionals, business leaders and entrepreneurs will witness an explosion of creativity, inspiration and information.
“An opportunity for the global creative community to come together, share ideas, inspire each other, grow, network and learn in a place of so much energy, excitement and passion just doesn’t exist like it does at Cannes Lions,” explains Marketing Manager and Account Executive for Cinemark, Tshireletso Yvonne Diogo. Cinemark is the official South African representative of Cannes Lions.
With a stellar line-up for 2016, including speakers like Channing Tatum, John Cena, Gwyneth Paltrow, Timbaland, Will Smith and Iggy Pop, deciding which seminars and workshops to attend will be a tough call.
“The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity offers a wide range of passes for delegates, which means that delegates can truly tailor their trip to their preferences as well as to their budget,” explains Diogo. “With a beautiful setting at the Palais des Festivals, a diverse programme that would excite the most uncreative of delegates and a chance to rub shoulders with world greats, you can pick a line-up that is as inspiring as it is personal.”
As Doug Kooyman, Head of Global Marketing for Pennzoil and Quaker State at Shell recently said, “Cannes Lions embodies the balance between artistic expression and commercial needs.” It’s because of this that this year’s festival will focus on leadership, purpose, balance, creativity, education, storytelling, analytics, networking and of course, the awards.
The themes for the 62nd Cannes Lions have also been carefully selected, appealing to delegates from all over the world and from a myriad of creative industries. Talks will focus on what a modern and valuable entertainment business looks like today, touching on technological advancements, the explosion in platforms and outlets for entertainment and the way that success can be measured.
There will also be sessions on finding the new roles for creative businesses in the entertainment industry as well as programmes that look at how creators are experimenting with different channels and cross-platform storytelling. This is the year that we find out what success looks like and how content can be turned into culture.
Diogo, says, “In 2015 over 15 000 delegates attended and 40 133 entries were submitted to the awards from over 100 countries. Cannes Lions is now the annual global meeting place for agencies, advertisers, publishers and everyone else in the marketing communications ecosystem.”
The latest addition to Cannes Lions is Lions Entertainment, a new event where brands, agencies and the creators of entertainment can focus on producing outstanding creative work together.
“This is quite important as those behind the Lions Festivals have recognised that media is being disrupted by an explosion of new communication channels. Talented entertainers who have the power to connect directly with consumers are seizing the opportunity by presenting themselves as musicians, actors, sportspeople, fashion designers, chefs, vloggers, entrepreneurs and artists. What is very exciting is that agencies, brands and media owners are seeking to work with them like never before,” Diogo explains.
This is just the start, however. Cannes Lions delegates truly have an opportunity to connect and collaborate at Cannes Lions where clients meet agencies, agencies win business, start-ups win funding and products find buyers. New connections and major business decisions are made around the clock and across the city, explains Diogo.
This is why Cannes has launched new networking initiatives designed to make it easier for delegates to meet key people – even if they don’t know who they are yet. This includes the Cannes Lions Beach, which hosts networking meet-ups and live entertainment throughout the Festival. There is also the Delegate Zone next door to the exhibition of The Work, where delegates can get a bite to eat and have an informal meeting with colleagues and new connections. The official parties and evening events throughout the Festival too provide the perfect opportunity for making new contacts. Delegates can also visit the Lions Rooftop Bar, which offers a relaxed setting for meeting up with other Festival goers. Lastly, Cannes Lions offers Meet Ups, where peers can mix and mingle, share experiences, swap contacts and hear useful insights.
Sebastian Amaral, Idemax associate consultant, Creative Centre for Innovation once said, “Cannes Lions assures us that we are on the right path, the path of collaboration, inspiration and truth.”
Marketers, creatives, media agency professional, business leaders and entrepreneurs – are you on the right path?
Book Cannes Lions 2016 now. Plan your pass here: http://www.canneslions.com/plan_your_trip/passes/
Visit www.canneslions.com for more information.
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020