Cape Town, South Africa — Organisers of TEDxTableMountain have confirmed the venue for their second annual day of inspirational talks given by local thought leaders. This nonprofit, independently produced event, operated under license from TED, will be held at The African Dance Theatre, 44 Long Street (corner Hout Street) in Cape Town.
Organised along the theme of “Exploring the Edge,” the conference will gather over 15 experts in various fields and disciplines to discuss the concept of the “Edge”. Leading thinkers, artists, entrepreneurs, philosophers and entertainers representing such diverse fields as technology, entertainment, visual and performance art, design, politics, music, ecology, and education, among others.
Where will the “Edge” be in the future, and is surpassing that “Edge” key to our existence? Is pushing the boundaries of the “Edge” a good or a bad thing? What kind of people are the ones who “push the Edge”? These questions and more will be explored.
“Being a TEDx organiser is in itself, an exploration of personal edges. It is hard work, intense, and also incredibly rewarding. The massive upwelling of TEDx events worldwide is testament to the great longing that so many likeminded people have -‐ to unearth the genius within each of us -‐ and to be part of a global community of thought leaders” – Candice Pelser, TEDxTableMountain.
“TEDx provides an invitation to be changed, whether through speaking, organizing or listening. It offers an opportunity for the collective mingling of thoughts and ideas. It is both awe-‐inspiring and humbling to witness and experience the ‘newness’ that emerges from a TEDx event, I describe it as: thought alchemy in motion.” – Marion Adamson, organising committee, TEDxTableMountain.
Confirmed speakers are announced daily and further information is available via the TEDxTableMountain website.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021