SaSalutes, an initiative driven by Mediclinic and the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a platform created for the public to share their thank you’s with all South Africa’s healthcare teams on the frontline every night.
The SaSalutes videos uploaded by the public at SaSalutes.co.za are edited into thirty second spots that get broadcast every night on national TV for the whole country to see. E-TV have already provided two weeks of prime time spots with the thirty second clips cut to Freshlyground’ s hit single “I’d Like” which the group donated to the campaign at no cost. The clips feature South Africans from all across the country and show individuals, as well as families, expressing their gratitude while responsibly self-isolating at the same time. Transit TV, a division of Provantage Media Group, has also donated free airtime in support of this initiative. JCDecaux, the global outdoor advertising company has donated digital OOH sites giving added coverage to SaSalutes.
Says Koert Pretorius, Mediclinic Southern Africa CEO, “Our front-line healthcare teams are selflessly defending our country against this pandemic and we are proud to support an initiative that amplifies the country’s voices of support and gratitude towards these heroes beyond the streets and across the nation.”
Says Dawn Rowlands, CEO of Dentsu Aegis Network. “We’re thrilled to be able to shine a light on what’s happening on our streets across South Africa, and it’s been inspiring to see the thank you video’s pouring in from the public. We hope it will give our medical workers fuel to continue their incredible care-giving.”
If you’d like to submit a thank you video, it can be uploaded at SaSalutes.co.za
- Does South Africa have a branding problem? | #LTM | #LunchtimeMarketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Thebe Ikalafeng | #Marketing | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 29, 2021
- Human capital from a different view | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Robyn Shirley | Regenesys | Human Resources | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 28, 2021
- How do you get a promotion in these times? | Change Conversations with Mpume | Mabatho Takalo | #Careers | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- The essence of luxury | AXOR ONE |#Lifestyle | #Design | Barber Osgerby | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- LOCAL GAMING CONTENT HUB GIVES SA STREAMERS A CHANCE TO SHINE | #Gaming | #Esport | Mettlestate | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- You equate money with your self worth – Its time to change that | #BrunchWithBjorn |#Money | Jade Fedder | Jade Coaching | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Björn Salsone - July 27, 2021
- URGENT PUBLIC APPEAL – South African National Blood Services is in desperate need of blood donations | #PayItForward | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- You need to haul out that ENTHUSIASM | #LunchtimeLeadership | #LeaderShip | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- I’d rather be fired! | The Light #LeadershipDiaries | Michael Lebona | Thabani Msomi | Nkodwanda Mbanjw | Katlego Modise | #Podcast | #ebizradio | #Insight - July 26, 2021
- The Marketers Measurement Dilemma #LetsTalkDigital | #Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neil Pursey | Measurebyte | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021