Syrex, leading provider of virtualised and hybrid network infrastructures and solutions, has once again demonstrated its commitment to community upliftment and care for the underprivileged by contributing to the annual Santa Shoebox initiative.
Every year Santa Shoebox collects and distributes personalised gifts for underprivileged children across South Africa and Namibia.
The Santa Shoebox Project originated in Cape Town in 2006 and the shoeboxes are distributed to more than 1,000 facilities every year. When the project started out in 2006 it only sent 180 shoeboxes, today the project has donated a total number of 652, 180 shoeboxes and changed many young lives.
Staff from Syrex contributed 60 boxes this year and enabled the company to ‘adopt’ an entire school in Diepsloot for Christmas.
The company sponsored the wrapping and décor for the boxes.
“We are delighted that our team have once again committed to this very special and wonderful project,” said Vivienne Herselman, Operations Director at Syrex. “While we have done this before, every year the need seems greater and the challenge to make a difference to someone’s life that much more serious. We live in difficult times, unemployment is rife and consumers are stretched to the hilt. We are thrilled at our staff, who make it a priority to contribute in this way to this very worthwhile cause and perhaps turn a frown into a smile this Christmas.”
Syrex, established in 1995, specialises in the installation and support of Linux, Microsoft, virtualised and hybrid network infrastructures. Its core service offerings include a stable, customisable perimeter and connectivity management solution, as well as tailored IT support.
Syrex provides a wide range of support services and products, which includes connectivity (VOIP, fibre, wireless and VPN), cloud services (Office 365, virtualisation, hosting, backup and archiving), security (firewall, VPN and security management), sales of both hardware and software, comprehensive remote managed on and off site support.
Syrex holds an ECS/ECNS licence from ICASA, and is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a specialist in providing Linux RedHat solutions and Enterprise grade Firewalls. Syrex is an accredited BBBEE company and has customers from both the SMME and Enterprise sectors.
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019