Before every meal take 5 deep breaths. Why? So you actually take a moment to stop, breath, relax. The world of Naturopthy, for many is unfamiliar, but the last few years of global changes and stresses has brought this medical modality into the fore.
Joining Björn Salsone, host of of our Business Brunch shows, is Dr Shavit Sachs of Love Health & Wellness and together we find out more about the world of Naturopathy – a therapeutic-diet and lifestyle based medicine at it fundamental roots.
Naturopathy stands on 7 principles:
- First do no harm – Naturopathic treatments support the body, and gently nudge it into the direction of optimal health, all while using the least force necessary, thereby doing no harm
- The healing power of nature – Nature heals through the response of the life force (or vitality), this is how health is maintained and restored.
- Identify and treat the cause – Symptoms are the body’s way of expressing an attempt to heal, but they are not the cause of dis-ease.
- Treat the whole person – There is an interaction between physical, mental, social, spiritual and emotional factors in the body and it is important to look at these aspects, regardless of what the presenting problem is.
- Physician/doctor as teacher – The practitioner is a teacher, not an authoritative figure, whose job is to educate about what they are doing and what is going on in the patients body.
- Prevention is the best cure – Although this is sometimes hard in today’s modern world where patients seek treatment when things are bad, striving to prevent further illness is very important for optimal health.
- Wellness – establish a state of optimum health and balance
The concepts of wellness and well-being lead us toward establishing and maintaining health and balance.
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022
- Counting the ever-increasing cost: Impact of the ongoing attacks and looting on road freight | #Insight | #Trucking | Road Freight Association | Gavin Kelly - September 15, 2022
- Why Human-Centered leadership is needed today | #Insight | #Leadership | #Business | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - September 15, 2022