A much needed and overwhelmingly generous donation to expand services with a staggering value of over R1.1 million of 4 modular movable homes has been gifted to Orion Organisation NPC based in Atlantis by Sulzer, all transport from the power station in Atlantis to Orion site was sponsored by their subcontractors Babcock as their CSI contribution.
These modular “homes” were being used on site in Atlantis for the past 24 months as Sulzer completed an installation at the Eskom Ankerlig Power Station. The units are all fully air-conditioned, insulated, laminate flooring, aluminium windows, solar geysers, fire extinguishers, tables, chairs, lockers, 6 showers, water and electrical connections.
“These 4 modular structures will now allow us to have a full training centre; a lounge and relaxation area for the staff of our work centre – Orion currently offers training and contract work to many of the disabled of the area as they subcontract packaging and assembly from a variety of businesses locally; an Art Centre and a much needed additional storage facility.
This all happened so fast that we were taken aback by the incredible will to get things done by Sulzer. On day 1 they went to the local police station to ask if there was an organisation that needed help, they were referred to us and literally a week later the homes where on the way to us. We were astounded by the logistics required to move the homes from one site to ours, but the teams of Sulzer and Babcock were unbelievable and made it all happen almost effortlessly – they co-ordinated all the teams, equipment, traffic escort, permits, etc. with such passion and enthusiasm. We are humbled by their incredible generosity and saying thank you seems so little. This is a great example of when a business takes care of the community within which it works and wants to be part of the growth and development”, says Hannl Cronje – CEO, Orion Organisation NPC
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021