Award-winners from all-walks set to inspire industry as 2016 programme is revealed
Cinemark, the local representatives of Cannes Lions and its affiliates, are passionate about both great film and advertising making this the perfect synergy to bring you the latest information from the world’s premier advertising festivals.
Cannes Lions has today confirmed a show-stopping roster of speakers set to keep the red carpet firmly in place outside the Palais des Festivals. Some of Hollywood’s most famous will unite with industry stars to share insights and inspiration as part of the biggest programme in the Festival’s history.
Oscar-winning directors and actors will talk visionary, risk-taking and creative bravery – themes at the heart of branded communications. Acclaimed director Alejandro G Iñárritu, winner of successive awards for films Birdman and The Revenant, will discuss making mould-breaking cinema with Tham Khai Meng, Co-Chairman, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather. Multi-Oscar winning director, screenwriter and producer, Oliver Stone, will share his views on filmmaking, politics and culture with The Guardian.
They’ll be joined by Academy award-winning director of The King’s Speech, Tom Hooper; Martin Campbell, best known for directing Bond movies Golden Eye and Casino Royale who will talk about his experience of integrating brands into his work.
One of Hollywood’s most-awarded storytellers and visionaries Harvey Weinstein in discussion with Maurice Lévy Chairman, CEO, Publicis Groupe, will take a deeper look at the future of film and ask what the bridge between entertainment and advertising will look like. Director, producer and co-president of VICELAND Spike Jonze will talk about creating content that matters to young audiences, while Steve Golin explores the power of cinema to drive change.
Two-time Academy Award nominee and Grammy Award-winning recording artist Will Smith will dissect what’s needed for global brand success in a career that has spanned film, television, and music; Gwyneth Paltrow, Oscar-winning actress, singer and owner of health and wellness platform Goop will face probing questions from BBC HARDtalk’s Stephen Sackur. Also onstage, Star Trek stars Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and Chris Pine explore creative processes and how to bring new life to old stories.
Grammy award-winning stars and music legends will share their insights into the developing confluence of content and culture, including musical pioneer, Brian Eno, creative maverick Iggy Pop and multi-Grammy winning producers and performers Mark Ronson, Usher and Timbaland.
“Creativity remains at the heart of our programme. We’re delighted to announce speakers who have earned accolades in their fields and introduce some of the most diverse creative minds in the world onto the Festival stage. The programme brings the ever-growing ecosystem of creative communications together, allowing delegates to seek out inspiration from across the spectrum,” said Philip Thomas, CEO, Lions Festivals.
The full programme is now available at canneslions.com.
Some pass types for the Festival are already sold out, but details of how to register for remaining passes can be found here
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020