The spectacle of myriad game at the large Tau waterhole, which is visible from all room and hospitality decks, proves highly addictive at this malaria-free 5-star lodge.
The new Reception, Lounge, Dining Room, leisure decks, Bar, Boma and two pools, of which one is an infinity design, make for contemporary out of Africa safari heaven.
Dinner is a convivial experience, hosted in the Boma, or Restaurant or Dining Deck, depending on the weather.
The safari rangers have respect for the bush by allowing the creatures of the wild their space. Within minutes, you’ll be photographing members of the Big Five, from aged bull elephants, delicately foraging and breakfasting on new green flora, to white rhino and their young.
The early morning game drive is spectacular, offering magical light for photography, with a pit stop for Amarula coffee and delicious buttermilk rusks. Afternoon game drives include dazzling African sunsets with your favourite tipple in hand before returning to the lodge for dinner.
It is not unusual to come across some young lion acting kittenish in the sun, before sniffing the air and looking regal, peering into the distance, where there could well be some wildebeest or appetising antelope upwind.
The Tau Cubz Club, Tau Spa Oasis and Tau Conference Centre make this an ideal destination for romantic, family, leisure as well as corporate travel.
Tau Game Lodge opened its 5-star safari doors in 1995 and offers 30 rooms, from Standard to Luxury to Family Suites.
Tau is offering a highly reduced rate for guests wishing to travel between 8 and 26 April 2018
@ R 7,256 per person sharing per night per Standard Chalet (the current standard rate of R 9,674 less 25%)
– quote MIDAPRIL when making a reservation to qualify for this affordable autumn getaway, which includes:
3 meals per day and 2 safaris per day*.
*Excluded in the above packages:
Any drinks, curios, telephone, spa treatments.
Rhino Conservation levies
Park Entrance Fees
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022