The Dala U Crew (DUC) is helping thousands of young South Africans to find jobs by tapping into the power of the BBM™, a leading mobile messaging platform for private and secure communications.
DUC started out as youth community focused on keeping people informed about parties, clubs and other events. Singh decided to tap into this community to help people find jobs after a number of people approached him to help them with their searches for employment. Over the past two years, the community has blossomed and Singh carries job advertisements from a range of employers on BBM every week.
Says Singh: “I realised that BBM would be a wonderful avenue for helping people to find jobs, because it could connect thousands of people around the country to employment opportunities. Now that BBM is available on Android™ and iPhone devices as well as BlackBerry smartphones, nearly anyone has access to the BBM capabilities.”
Since he started using BBM to connect the community to job opportunities, Singh has quietly helped thousands of South Africans to find jobs. Some employers get 300 to 400 responses for their ads, and around 200 people per week join the DUC community. More recently, Singh set up a DUC mobisite, which gets thousands of views a week.
Now, DUC plan is also offering other classifieds ads in addition to the job ads. Contacts are able to browse an assortment of services available ranging from jobs, cars for sale, services and photos from events on the company’s mobi site. “The immediacy, reliability and accessibility of BBM is helping us to make a real difference in people’s lives,” says Singh.
BlackBerry, BBM and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021