The Dala U Crew (DUC) is helping thousands of young South Africans to find jobs by tapping into the power of the BBM™, a leading mobile messaging platform for private and secure communications.
DUC started out as youth community focused on keeping people informed about parties, clubs and other events. Singh decided to tap into this community to help people find jobs after a number of people approached him to help them with their searches for employment. Over the past two years, the community has blossomed and Singh carries job advertisements from a range of employers on BBM every week.
Says Singh: “I realised that BBM would be a wonderful avenue for helping people to find jobs, because it could connect thousands of people around the country to employment opportunities. Now that BBM is available on Android™ and iPhone devices as well as BlackBerry smartphones, nearly anyone has access to the BBM capabilities.”
Since he started using BBM to connect the community to job opportunities, Singh has quietly helped thousands of South Africans to find jobs. Some employers get 300 to 400 responses for their ads, and around 200 people per week join the DUC community. More recently, Singh set up a DUC mobisite, which gets thousands of views a week.
Now, DUC plan is also offering other classifieds ads in addition to the job ads. Contacts are able to browse an assortment of services available ranging from jobs, cars for sale, services and photos from events on the company’s mobi site. “The immediacy, reliability and accessibility of BBM is helping us to make a real difference in people’s lives,” says Singh.
BlackBerry, BBM and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020
- Will my workplace be the same after the lockdown is lifted? | #Productivity | #Devan Moonsamy - May 11, 2020