The Dala U Crew (DUC) is helping thousands of young South Africans to find jobs by tapping into the power of the BBM™, a leading mobile messaging platform for private and secure communications.
DUC started out as youth community focused on keeping people informed about parties, clubs and other events. Singh decided to tap into this community to help people find jobs after a number of people approached him to help them with their searches for employment. Over the past two years, the community has blossomed and Singh carries job advertisements from a range of employers on BBM every week.
Says Singh: “I realised that BBM would be a wonderful avenue for helping people to find jobs, because it could connect thousands of people around the country to employment opportunities. Now that BBM is available on Android™ and iPhone devices as well as BlackBerry smartphones, nearly anyone has access to the BBM capabilities.”
Since he started using BBM to connect the community to job opportunities, Singh has quietly helped thousands of South Africans to find jobs. Some employers get 300 to 400 responses for their ads, and around 200 people per week join the DUC community. More recently, Singh set up a DUC mobisite, which gets thousands of views a week.
Now, DUC plan is also offering other classifieds ads in addition to the job ads. Contacts are able to browse an assortment of services available ranging from jobs, cars for sale, services and photos from events on the company’s mobi site. “The immediacy, reliability and accessibility of BBM is helping us to make a real difference in people’s lives,” says Singh.
BlackBerry, BBM and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020