This past Tuesday, 28 April 2020 a global movement called The Street Store was recognized in 6 categories of Fast Company’s World Changing Idea, a global competition that looks at the best ideas having a positive impact on the world.
Conceptualised in 2014 by M&C SAATCHI ABEL as the world’s first rent-free, premises-free, free pop-up store for the homeless, The Street Store has popped-up in countries all over the world from Pakistan to Paraguay, France to Australia clothing an estimated 500,000 people.
And it is fast closing in on the 1000th store. This means that on average a Street Store is held nearly every 3 days somewhere in the world. It is a demonstration of African creativity solving global issues.
“We believe there is an opportunity to both shine a light on the movement, and importantly inspire people by showcasing the power of creativity. Now more than ever it’s important to put creativity in the spotlight, and showcase how creative African solutions can solve global societal issues”, says Mike Abel, CEO & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Abel
- Weekly News Roundup | #News | The Week that Was | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - August 19, 2022
- Retailers – get ready to thrive in the post-pandemic landscape as worldwide e-commerce sales exceed $5 trillion | #Insight | #Retail | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - August 19, 2022
- TikTok are rocking consumer segmentation | #Marketing | #Leadership | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 18, 2022
- Opening a business in South Africa? | #Insight | Business Brunch | Bjorn Salsone | Ankita Vyas Bohra | Indiana House - August 18, 2022
- Weekly Motoring | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | #Motorcycles | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 18, 2022
- Why is EQ so important? | #Insight | #Coaching | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Anja van Beek | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- When can South African stop eating meat? | #Insight | Big Fish Stories | Eitan Stern | Brett Thompson | Mzansi Meat Co | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- Why getting LinkedIn right is vital for your career | #Insights | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Nompumelelo Mshengu | #Podcast - August 17, 2022
- The strain of holding the sword by the blade: The health and well-being of women in our poorest communities | #Insights | Charmaine Gola | The Love Trust - August 16, 2022
- What do architects actually do? | #BusinesBrunch | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | Michelle Maltz Shevelew | M2S Architects | #Podcast - August 16, 2022