This past Tuesday, 28 April 2020 a global movement called The Street Store was recognized in 6 categories of Fast Company’s World Changing Idea, a global competition that looks at the best ideas having a positive impact on the world.
Conceptualised in 2014 by M&C SAATCHI ABEL as the world’s first rent-free, premises-free, free pop-up store for the homeless, The Street Store has popped-up in countries all over the world from Pakistan to Paraguay, France to Australia clothing an estimated 500,000 people.
And it is fast closing in on the 1000th store. This means that on average a Street Store is held nearly every 3 days somewhere in the world. It is a demonstration of African creativity solving global issues.
“We believe there is an opportunity to both shine a light on the movement, and importantly inspire people by showcasing the power of creativity. Now more than ever it’s important to put creativity in the spotlight, and showcase how creative African solutions can solve global societal issues”, says Mike Abel, CEO & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Abel
- Its time to question values | #Leadership | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Podcast | #ebizradio - September 28, 2021
- Looking your best in the competitive world | How top female athletes pull it off | #Insight | #Lifestyle | Kryolan - September 28, 2021
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021