This past Tuesday, 28 April 2020 a global movement called The Street Store was recognized in 6 categories of Fast Company’s World Changing Idea, a global competition that looks at the best ideas having a positive impact on the world.
Conceptualised in 2014 by M&C SAATCHI ABEL as the world’s first rent-free, premises-free, free pop-up store for the homeless, The Street Store has popped-up in countries all over the world from Pakistan to Paraguay, France to Australia clothing an estimated 500,000 people.
And it is fast closing in on the 1000th store. This means that on average a Street Store is held nearly every 3 days somewhere in the world. It is a demonstration of African creativity solving global issues.
“We believe there is an opportunity to both shine a light on the movement, and importantly inspire people by showcasing the power of creativity. Now more than ever it’s important to put creativity in the spotlight, and showcase how creative African solutions can solve global societal issues”, says Mike Abel, CEO & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Abel
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020
- Will my workplace be the same after the lockdown is lifted? | #Productivity | #Devan Moonsamy - May 11, 2020