Not many people know the truth about conventional sunscreen: it’s only 53% effective.This fact was established in a study that measured sunscreen protection and found that even SPF 50 only stops about half of the potential sun damage that causes photo-ageing.
After decades of being told to wear sunscreen every day, this new information is disconcerting at best. What’s more, even antioxidants aren’t quite as effective as once assumed; blocking only a percentage of the damage caused by the sun.
To understand why you are not adequately covered with ordinary sunscreen, it’s important to appreciate the onslaughts your skin contends with every day.
Even though UV radiation causes most of the damage to skin with sun exposure, research has shown that the full spectrum of sunlight, all its light frequencies, causes damage to the skin.
It is essential that in our very sun exposed lifestyle, we all consider photo protection products that are able to protect us from the damage caused by not only, UVA and UVB frequencies, but also UVC, Visible light and the Infrared spectrum that reaches when we are exposed to the sun. (This includes time spent in the office with a window and in your car on the way to the office and to drop your children, not only sun tanning sun exposure).
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019