Not many people know the truth about conventional sunscreen: it’s only 53% effective.This fact was established in a study that measured sunscreen protection and found that even SPF 50 only stops about half of the potential sun damage that causes photo-ageing.
After decades of being told to wear sunscreen every day, this new information is disconcerting at best. What’s more, even antioxidants aren’t quite as effective as once assumed; blocking only a percentage of the damage caused by the sun.
To understand why you are not adequately covered with ordinary sunscreen, it’s important to appreciate the onslaughts your skin contends with every day.
Even though UV radiation causes most of the damage to skin with sun exposure, research has shown that the full spectrum of sunlight, all its light frequencies, causes damage to the skin.
It is essential that in our very sun exposed lifestyle, we all consider photo protection products that are able to protect us from the damage caused by not only, UVA and UVB frequencies, but also UVC, Visible light and the Infrared spectrum that reaches when we are exposed to the sun. (This includes time spent in the office with a window and in your car on the way to the office and to drop your children, not only sun tanning sun exposure).
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020