Phoenix Distribution has announced the merger of its Security and Wireless Networking channel divisions with First Distribution’s Security and Wireless Networking divisions, to form a new channel giant, First for Phoenix.
The companies are joining forces and combining their portfolios within these divisions to create a specialist distribution entity with a primary focus around the relevant products within the group. The move will enable them to combine their resources to bring quality, cost effective products and systems to their customers, and provide even better service through individual vendor- and customer-focused product managers.
“All channel business from the two entities in the security and wireless sectors will fall under this banner. Phoenix Distribution will focus solely on the retail side, with box product of software as well as accessories, covering everything except resellers into brick and mortar as well as online stores,” explains Simon Campbell-Young, CEO of Phoenix Distribution.
The vast electronic software distribution business will span both the channel and the retail side of the business.
Debbie Abrahall, CEO of First Distribution, says: “Moving forward, channel and retail customers in South Africa, and throughout the African continent, will benefit from product and cost improvements that will result from this merger of two leading technology distributors.”
The two companies serve both domestic and international customer bases with top products and solutions, including Kaspersky, McAfee, Krone (now known as Commscope), Cyberoam, GFI, Acronis, Stratus, Ruckus, TP-Link and D-Link.
“Combining the products and solutions of the two businesses will be a win for the marketplace by offering more affordable and reliable products and systems in one place,” adds Abrahall.
With several offices across Africa and the UK, the new company will be able to better serve more customers with its best-of-breed solutions. “Having a wider range of highly experienced employees from both companies will also provide a platform for improved support to customers,” says Campbell-Young. “There will be a dedicated team offering specific focus to customers and vendors.”
“We are very pleased to be uniting the strengths of First Distribution and Phoenix Distribution,” adds Abrahall. “By sharing our value-added services, best practices, ideas and opportunities, First for Phoenix will be able to offer better programmes and additional support to our partners.”
New Contact details: Head office address – 37 Kyalami Boulevard, Kyalami Business Park, Kyalami, Midrand
Johannesburg / Head office telephone number – +27 (0) 11 540 2640 / Email Us [email protected] or [email protected] – Start of operation as merged company – 1 March, 2016
Behind the scenes:
Security and Wireless Networking channel giant First for Phoenix was formed as the result of a merger between two of Africa’s largest specialist distributors: First Technology and Phoenix Distribution. The company is a Value Added distributor of security software and wireless networking products across the African continent. First For Phoenix has several offices across Africa and the UK, providing its customers with top products and solutions, including Kaspersky, McAfee, Krone (now known as Commscope), Cyberoam, GFI, Acronis, Stratus, Ruckus, TP-Link and D-Link.
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019