eBizRadio and FnB have teamed up to produce a series of podcasts examining and explaining the financial services industry in South Africa – the goal of these podcasts is to educate and share insights on the various personal savings and investment issues and options that we all face.
The start of the series;
Tony Barrett, a Wealth Manager of Rand Merchant Bank (subsidiary of FnB) examines the differences between a savings account and an investment.
Knowledge of the financial industry is very limited in South Africa and in an effort to address this issue, Tony firstly unpacks:
• The perceptions and myths that many of us have regarding investments, savings and how these incorrect assumptions prejudice our decision making?
• What are the actual differences between SAVINGS and INVESTMENTS; namely how ”time” a ”risk” affect what type of account you should be steering yourself towards.
• Placing SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS into real context in South Africa; Inflation; Lack of education and how savings can combat income erosion (when inflation decreases the ”real” value of someone’s income)’.
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020