eBizRadio and FnB have teamed up to produce a series of podcasts examining and explaining the financial services industry in South Africa – the goal of these podcasts is to educate and share insights on the various personal savings and investment issues and options that we all face.
The start of the series;
Tony Barrett, a Wealth Manager of Rand Merchant Bank (subsidiary of FnB) examines the differences between a savings account and an investment.
Knowledge of the financial industry is very limited in South Africa and in an effort to address this issue, Tony firstly unpacks:
• The perceptions and myths that many of us have regarding investments, savings and how these incorrect assumptions prejudice our decision making?
• What are the actual differences between SAVINGS and INVESTMENTS; namely how ”time” a ”risk” affect what type of account you should be steering yourself towards.
• Placing SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS into real context in South Africa; Inflation; Lack of education and how savings can combat income erosion (when inflation decreases the ”real” value of someone’s income)’.
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020