eBizRadio and FnB have teamed up to produce a series of podcasts examining and explaining the financial services industry in South Africa – the goal of these podcasts is to educate and share insights on the various personal savings and investment issues and options that we all face.
The start of the series;
Tony Barrett, a Wealth Manager of Rand Merchant Bank (subsidiary of FnB) examines the differences between a savings account and an investment.
Knowledge of the financial industry is very limited in South Africa and in an effort to address this issue, Tony firstly unpacks:
• The perceptions and myths that many of us have regarding investments, savings and how these incorrect assumptions prejudice our decision making?
• What are the actual differences between SAVINGS and INVESTMENTS; namely how ”time” a ”risk” affect what type of account you should be steering yourself towards.
• Placing SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS into real context in South Africa; Inflation; Lack of education and how savings can combat income erosion (when inflation decreases the ”real” value of someone’s income)’.
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020