The Progressive Smooth Bonus Fund works to smooth volatile investment returns by declaring guaranteed monthly bonuses. These monthly bonuses reduce the rollercoaster ride that investors experience in market-linked portfolios, ensuring a much smoother return profile. Such funds have performed particularly well for investors in the volatile and uncertain global economic context brought on by the 2008 financial crisis.
The fund is a ‘win-win’ solution that’s well suited for progressive retirement funds that see the transformation of the financial services industry as a national priority, and retirement fund members that value the benefit of smoothed returns. By supporting and allocating funds to black asset managers, the Sanlam Progressive Smooth Bonus Fund provides these managers with a platform to compete against established managers in the industry in order to transform the profile of the South African investment management landscape.
Since the advent of South Africa’s democracy in 1994, the asset management industry has been transforming at a disappointingly slow pace – a concern that was highlighted in the 2017 BEE.conomics survey. Despite the growth in the number of Black asset managers over the past couple of years, many of these firms have struggled to materially penetrate the retirement fund market.
Although many retirement funds do have a mandate to allocate assets to black asset managers, fund members fear investment volatility and are wary of dramatic drops in the value of their retirement funds during a market downturn. As a result, Sanlam has responded to this need by launching the Progressive Smooth Bonus Fund – a statement of our on-going commitment to prioritising empowerment as a national economic imperative and to using our skillset to help transform the industry.
- Human capital from a different view | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Robyn Shirley | Regenesys | Human Resources | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 28, 2021
- How do you get a promotion in these times? | Change Conversations with Mpume | Mabatho Takalo | #Careers | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- The essence of luxury | AXOR ONE |#Lifestyle | #Design | Barber Osgerby | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- LOCAL GAMING CONTENT HUB GIVES SA STREAMERS A CHANCE TO SHINE | #Gaming | #Esport | Mettlestate | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- You equate money with your self worth – Its time to change that | #BrunchWithBjorn |#Money | Jade Fedder | Jade Coaching | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Björn Salsone - July 27, 2021
- URGENT PUBLIC APPEAL – South African National Blood Services is in desperate need of blood donations | #PayItForward | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- You need to haul out that ENTHUSIASM | #LunchtimeLeadership | #LeaderShip | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- I’d rather be fired! | The Light #LeadershipDiaries | Michael Lebona | Thabani Msomi | Nkodwanda Mbanjw | Katlego Modise | #Podcast | #ebizradio | #Insight - July 26, 2021
- The Marketers Measurement Dilemma #LetsTalkDigital | #Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neil Pursey | Measurebyte | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- Why are consumers encouraged to save even in these tough times? | #Money |#Insight | #FSCAMyMoney | Lyndwill Clarke | #ebizradio | FSCA - July 23, 2021