SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs – Meet LHP Detergents – Finalist 1 | Tefo Motsage | #eBizEntrepreneurs
In a proud participation with SAB (South African Breweries), EbizRadio is profiling the final candidates for the SAB Kickstart Boost Programme, below is the first of 21 Podcasts. Regards the eBizTeam.
In 2009, Tefo Motsage established LHP Detergents, a one stop cleaning solution business that meets the high detergent manufacturing standards at affordable prices.
Its products have passed through the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) testing, with many following the ‘green’ trend in sustainability.
Tefo currently employs four people but would like to employ up to 30 by 2023.
To help develop the business, he benchmarks himself against industry standards with the objective to gain 50% of the total market share in the Northern Cape. LHP Detergents currently services 32 multi-national clients, with POP Logistics being its biggest.
Short-term, Tefo would like to develop a wholesale store that would help him employ up to 30 people.
Long term, he would like to expand further, selling products to retail and thereby employing up to 100 people.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Tefo would like to gain market access, which would allow him to achieve his short term goal, perhaps even advance his long term goal.
- Inspiration: My father, he too is a passionate entrepreneur.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? I am driven by the need to succeed and I always have been goal orientated. Besides ‘inheriting’ the entrepreneurial ‘gene’, I have always aspired to change the lives of others – something I can do as an entrepreneur by creating job opportunities.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Stay focused! Focus on your goals and never give up – because if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: My journey has not been easy, there have been too many ups and downs to count and at times I felt like giving up. But looking back now, my journey has made me the person I am today, and I would not change it because I am now more determined than ever.
- On the Frontline in the fight against Diabetes - November 15, 2018
- Outsourcing the policy administration function | #eBizWires - November 15, 2018
- Why privacy and security matter | #eBizInsights - November 15, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 17 | Twaing Trading |Mpho Kgoale | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 13, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 16 | Third Century Computing | Ndaelo Moses Tshikovhi | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 13, 2018
- How we made it in Africa |#eBizRadio | #eBiz Insights | Jaco Maritz - November 13, 2018
- THE EVOLUTION OF PAYMENTS | #eBizInsights | Andrew Whittaker and Chris Michael - November 9, 2018
- BI to combat insurance policy lapses| #eBizWires - November 6, 2018
- Dormakaba’s smart solutions revolutionise hospitality industry - November 5, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 15 | Frame Your World | Nicole Sithole | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 5, 2018
- On the Frontline in the fight against Diabetes
- Outsourcing the policy administration function | #eBizWires
- Why privacy and security matter | #eBizInsights
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 17 | Twaing Trading |Mpho Kgoale | #eBizEntrepreneurs
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 16 | Third Century Computing | Ndaelo Moses Tshikovhi | #eBizEntrepreneurs
- How we made it in Africa |#eBizRadio | #eBiz Insights | Jaco Maritz