Ebenezer Smith co-established Profecia IT in 2012, a software development and telecommunications business with a Level 1 B-BBEE status.
The business specialises in software development (customised, as well as training and support post development), mobile application development (apps from Andriod to iOS),
web development (website design and development solutions across various devices) and information systems (customised for daily operations as well as training and support post development).
“At Profecia IT, we place a strong emphasis on design and ergonomics because a great solution can fail at being effective due to poor user interface.”
Ebenezer currently employs four people and plans to employ seven by the end of 2018.
To help develop the business, Ebenezer has set a series of goals which include:
Short term, to steadily gain market share with at least one product being utilised by 50% of government departments, metros and district municipalities in the Eastern Cape by the end of the 2018 financial year.
Medium to long term, to expand the reach to 70% across the same target market but across three provinces by 2021.
Long term, to have at least one product (such as Project ToolsTM) as the secure system/tool for infrastructure project reporting and asset management in South Africa by 2025.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Ebenezer would like to gain further market access in the private sector as well as become part of bigger corporates’ supplier chains – supplying these companies with software solutions, innovative systems and information communication technology requirements.
- Inspiration: My inspiration comes from an American businessman and investor – Mark Cuban. I admire his entrepreneurial flare and his ability to excel across various sectors.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? I have an immense desire to develop solutions that add value to lives.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: An entrepreneur will always find a way to make it happen – so my advice is, do not give up just because something did not work the first time. Find another way – many great ideas have been shot down by others before they eventually came to fruition. Another piece of advice – once you have established your business, you need to constantly strive to innovate. Companies that do not innovate in today’s market, become obsolete.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: Something I have learnt from my entrepreneur journey is that for every problem, an opportunity presents itself. The biggest tech companies are those that solve big problems. After all, without problems, there wouldn’t be a need for solutions.
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022