In 2013, Mandla Mlandeni registered Ohambo Oluhle Transport & Projects and in 2015, the transport and logistics business started trading.
The business focuses on the transportation of dry merchandise – such as (but not limited to) coal, iron ore and building sand as well as the removal of rubble and disposal of asbestos. Ohambo Oluhle Transport & Projects has a Level 1 B-BBEE status.
Mandla currently employs three people – two permanent and one part-time – and plans to employ up to 10 by 2025.
To help develop the business, Mandla has set short and long term goals which include:
Short term, to increase the fleet by one truck a year as well as create one permanent position a year – until 2025. In addition, he would like to secure a contract with a big corporate, which would help the growth of the business.
Long term, Mandla would like to host an internship programme that would run over 12-months, every year and possibly partner with governmental departments to facilitate it. He would also like to establish a group of companies and expand his service offerings.
As a SAB KickStart finalist, Mandla would like to enter SAB’s supplier chain as a product distributor from the Rosslyn Brewery to outlets. He would like access to market, which would help him grow the business’ network.
“Being part of the top 20 finalists is amazing but why stop there, I would love to be placed one of the top three in the competition.”
- Inspiration: My inspiration comes from within. I was tired of the monotonous 09h00 to 17h00 routine of making other people money, when I decided I could be making my own.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? The thought of leaving a legacy for my children and my children’s children one day, is what drives me. In addition, it is important for me to play my part in the upliftment of my community and create employment.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Being an entrepreneur is not easy – but all the sweat, blood and tears – not to mention sleepless nights and bouncing debit orders – will all be worth it. Never give up on your dreams and always stay focused on your end goal. Knock on all doors – until the right one opens for you.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: Becoming a business owner has been an expensive learning curve – I have lost a fair amount along the way. At one point, my wife thought I was wasting my time and suggested I return to the corporate world, because the bills kept piling up. I have put her (and myself) through a lot and it is now our time to shine.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021