Rustig is proud to announce that its hiking trails have been accredited Green Flag Trail status according to the Green Flag Trails accreditation system. Green Flag Trails is a system that recognises hiking trails in South Africa that meet international standards – with regards to trail outlay, facilities, service and safety, as well as accommodation. Hiking trails with a Green Flag Trail status offer hikers the best hiking experiences by giving them the detailed information they need to make sure that the hiking trail and venue they choose meets their expectations.
With the Green Flag Trail system, hikers are able to make their own informed decisions of which trails they would like to experience. One concern for hikers is the lack of detailed information on hiking trails, in other words, the fear of the unknown. People who decide to go hiking at Rustig can be assured of a fulfilling hiking experience as they will find the trail facilities well-managed, safe, user friendly and as ‘advertised’. Rustig is also managed in an environmentally responsible way, ensuring the conservation of natural resources.
Rustig boasts unbeatable hiking trails for the most novice walker to the most experienced hiker, where visiotors can enjoy the magnificent views from the Magaliesberg mountains. The venue also has night time hikes that are recommended all year around for the more daring.
In addition, with the affordable range of self-catering options available on the property, this an absolute must visit for a cost effective, pristine, fun weekend getaway for friends and family – all just under 45 minutes from Pretoria and Johannesburg.
Listed below are the benefits of hiking at a hiking trail that has a Green Flag Trail status:
- Assessment of special features and scenic views.
- Information on the services and facilities.
- A safe, well-managed and great hiking experience.
- A description of safety precautions.
- Description of the natural elements of the hiking trails.
- Names of insects in the hiking area.
- Names of the birds in the hiking area.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020