Introduction The 13th Edition of Rocking the Daisies took place at Cloof Wine Estate, Cape Town, from 5 – 7 October 2018. Two foremost aspects stood out in the success of this year’s Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival. Beverages were only served in cans!The headline sponsor, CAN DO!, launched the first ever aluminium custom-made, re-usable and 100% recyclable cans that transforms into cups! This made the festival the first in the world not to serve any drinks in plastic cups.
VISA made the “Cashless” concept a reality & the aim was to pay for everything using your Debit, Cheque or Credit Card, which meant, no topping up, no cashing out, no activating or deactivating fees. Only the satisfaction of a much faster and easier way to get through the paying part and going straight into enjoying the eating and drinking at the festival.
Save and Secure Financial Environment Cashless initiatives create a safe and secure environment for festival goers. But cashless also means thorough and precise planning of a network infrastructure that supports the whole Point-of-Sale Service offered to the client. This needs to be fast, affordable and with no latency issues.
The Solution To ensure absolute reliable communication for all the Point-of-Sale service points, FNB partnered with Q-KON and deployed satellite access terminals which are seamlessly integrated with the FNB core network.
Two-way data satellite terminals were installed at the venue, which integrated with every business point-of-sale device either with cable or over a secured wireless network. This satellite network provided for 100% uptime and was implemented in a primary with an active Standby circuit as well. As an FNB certified solution, the end-to-end satellite & wireless network was fully compliant with all current financial security requirements. In addition, Shaun Horn (Project Manager) and Daniel Steyn (Platform Engineer), both employees at Q-KON, provided FNB with on-site support to ensure continued business operation for the duration of the event.
www.qkon.com | [email protected] |  665 0052
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021