Introduction The 13th Edition of Rocking the Daisies took place at Cloof Wine Estate, Cape Town, from 5 – 7 October 2018. Two foremost aspects stood out in the success of this year’s Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival. Beverages were only served in cans!The headline sponsor, CAN DO!, launched the first ever aluminium custom-made, re-usable and 100% recyclable cans that transforms into cups! This made the festival the first in the world not to serve any drinks in plastic cups.
VISA made the “Cashless” concept a reality & the aim was to pay for everything using your Debit, Cheque or Credit Card, which meant, no topping up, no cashing out, no activating or deactivating fees. Only the satisfaction of a much faster and easier way to get through the paying part and going straight into enjoying the eating and drinking at the festival.
Save and Secure Financial Environment Cashless initiatives create a safe and secure environment for festival goers. But cashless also means thorough and precise planning of a network infrastructure that supports the whole Point-of-Sale Service offered to the client. This needs to be fast, affordable and with no latency issues.
The Solution To ensure absolute reliable communication for all the Point-of-Sale service points, FNB partnered with Q-KON and deployed satellite access terminals which are seamlessly integrated with the FNB core network.
Two-way data satellite terminals were installed at the venue, which integrated with every business point-of-sale device either with cable or over a secured wireless network. This satellite network provided for 100% uptime and was implemented in a primary with an active Standby circuit as well. As an FNB certified solution, the end-to-end satellite & wireless network was fully compliant with all current financial security requirements. In addition, Shaun Horn (Project Manager) and Daniel Steyn (Platform Engineer), both employees at Q-KON, provided FNB with on-site support to ensure continued business operation for the duration of the event.
www.qkon.com | [email protected] |  665 0052
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020
- Rapid Data — Fast decision-making with the right data at the right time | # eBizInsights | Tom Wells - March 16, 2020
- Remote working during Covid-19 pandemic a reality with free software offer | #EbizWires - March 16, 2020