Introduction The 13th Edition of Rocking the Daisies took place at Cloof Wine Estate, Cape Town, from 5 – 7 October 2018. Two foremost aspects stood out in the success of this year’s Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival. Beverages were only served in cans!The headline sponsor, CAN DO!, launched the first ever aluminium custom-made, re-usable and 100% recyclable cans that transforms into cups! This made the festival the first in the world not to serve any drinks in plastic cups.
VISA made the “Cashless” concept a reality & the aim was to pay for everything using your Debit, Cheque or Credit Card, which meant, no topping up, no cashing out, no activating or deactivating fees. Only the satisfaction of a much faster and easier way to get through the paying part and going straight into enjoying the eating and drinking at the festival.
Save and Secure Financial Environment Cashless initiatives create a safe and secure environment for festival goers. But cashless also means thorough and precise planning of a network infrastructure that supports the whole Point-of-Sale Service offered to the client. This needs to be fast, affordable and with no latency issues.
The Solution To ensure absolute reliable communication for all the Point-of-Sale service points, FNB partnered with Q-KON and deployed satellite access terminals which are seamlessly integrated with the FNB core network.
Two-way data satellite terminals were installed at the venue, which integrated with every business point-of-sale device either with cable or over a secured wireless network. This satellite network provided for 100% uptime and was implemented in a primary with an active Standby circuit as well. As an FNB certified solution, the end-to-end satellite & wireless network was fully compliant with all current financial security requirements. In addition, Shaun Horn (Project Manager) and Daniel Steyn (Platform Engineer), both employees at Q-KON, provided FNB with on-site support to ensure continued business operation for the duration of the event.
www.qkon.com | [email protected] |  665 0052
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020