Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider. Reaching more than one billion people every day, Reuters provides business, financial, national,and international news.
While best known for its news arm, the company provides a number of other products, including financial analysis tools, enterprise data management, and risk intelligence, to name a few.
Reuters’ UK and South African divisions recently partnered with database and lead generation specialist CG Consulting in order to grow the company’s footprint in Africa. Using CG Consulting’s specialised knowledge of the business environment on the continent, Reuters embarked on a lead generation exercise in order to expand
its African customer base.
Louise Robinson, MD of CG Consulting, says that campaigns of this nature are complex without the right partner, which is one of the reasons Reuters chose CG Consulting to fill this role. “Reaching the right decision makers in Africa is close to impossible without the right contacts.
Our extensive databases of CEOs, CIOs and CFO’s across the continent make it that much easier to reach the right people, and we were easily able to meet Reuters’
specific requirements. In addition, they appreciated that Africa has a completely different business environment than anywhere else in the world, and used our expertise to accommodate the unique operating conditions in each of the countries they were targeting.”
She adds that as a multi-national corporation, Reuters is conscious of the fact that different countries and regions have different needs as well as different ways of doing business, and using a local partner such as CG Consulting provides them with the peace of mind that the right approach is being taken.
Thomson Reuters operates in more than 100 countries, and has more than 45 000 employees. The Reuters News Agency, alone, employs some 2 500
journalists and 600 photojournalists in about 200 locations worldwide. The company transmits news in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Urdu, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
“It therefore didn’t come a surprise to us that this international organisation respected the fact that a unique approach was needed for different countries and types of businesses. Our business is built on being able to generate qualified leads, and to do that in Africa, you need to have access to skilled people who speak the different languages and understand each environment.
This capability is one of the reasons the Reuters African lead generation campaign was so successful,” Robinson says.
“We are proud to have added Reuters to our list of premium international clients, and are looking forward to help them build their African
footprint,” she concludes.
About CG Consulting
CG Consulting has a young technology direct marketing team that specialises in growing clients’ revenue pipelines through strategically focused lead generation campaigns. The company’s core focus is profiling, gathering market intelligence and looking for opportunities in the market place.
CG Consulting is a database specialist with expertise in all aspects of the industry, and specialises in appointment setting across Africa.
CG Consulting’s services are IT-focused, and include outbound telemarketing campaigns into the corporate market in South Africa and the entire African continent; outsourced B2B lead generation campaigns; telemarketing call downs (branding and awareness drives); qualified appointment setting campaigns with corporate clients within Southern Africa and the African continent including Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Angola and Egypt; database management and data mining; market research and profiling of corporate clients in South Africa and across Africa, as well as many others.
- Coronavirus will speed up 4IR| #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- Do you have the grit to go on your own? |#Entrepreneur |#Naomi Butow | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- How do the “Differently-abled” cope with Lock-down? |#Health |#Veronica Pronk | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- We are all running a marathon right now|#Lifestyle |#AJ Venter |#Mike Sewell - April 1, 2020
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020