The eMarketer Retail Roundup unpacked! A retail roundup that covers the key drivers and upcoming trends in the world of tech-enabled retail, with key focus on the USA, which we all know has a very high percentage of online retail shoppers.
The eMarketer Retail Roundup was compiled by Rubicon Project and Chango, two leading technology companies that provide automated buying and selling of advertising, with specific competency in the world of retail and e-commerce.
These two incredible businesses joined forces recently to bring a best in class programmatic platform to the market, that on the back of extensive data analytics and understanding, connects marketers with their exact target audience in real time across display, social, mobile and video.
To quote Rubicon Project’s website “The company’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry – similar to what NASDAQ did for stock trading.”
The Retail Roundup covers 8 key points, of which I’m going to focus on the first four for this edition and the remaining four in the next edition of this podcast series.
The 8 key points, or themes are noted as follows:
- Retailers account for 25% of Programmatic spend
- Omnichannel remains Omnipresent for Department stores
- Why mobile shopping remains an Upper-Funnel affair
- Does programmatic work for Branding?
- Apparel Retailers and Ecommerce: Direct Markets dominate
- In-store personalized digital display pushes purchases
- Buy Online, pick up in-store Model financially beneficial for retailers
- Digital, social media to play Big role in back-to-school business
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020