Margaret Hirsch, COO of Hirsch’s Homestores recently partnered with The Smile foundation for a national toy collection drive. Margaret and a team from the Smile Foundation visited Tygerberg kids hospital to meet some of the children who had received help from Smile Foundation who are dedicated to helping children smile again by giving them the necessary access to good medical assistance to repair their cleft lips and pallets. Their goal is to help children smile again!
Without the support of the public and corporates these children sometimes have to wait for the surgery and often they miss the window period. Margaret and the Smile Foundation SA Operation Executive Director, Moira Gerszt also met with the head of the plastic and reconstructive surgery at Tygerberg hospital Dr. Alex Zuhlke.
Smile Foundation collaborates nationally with academic hospitals to help families and children get the surgery and funding they need for these sometimes challenging procedures. Commented Margaret “Hirsch’s was really privileged to be part of such an amazing organization. Our hats go off to all the plastic surgeons giving their time and hard work to these children who suffer from facial abnormalities.”
- Rugby World Cup 2019 Final viewership figures | #eBizInsights - November 12, 2019
- Things to consider if you’re managing your own AWS environment| #eBizWires - November 12, 2019
- The Future State | #eBizWires - November 12, 2019
- Employment equity needs more than lip service | #eBizWires | - November 12, 2019
- RPA helps address key business challenges | #eBizWires| Henri de Bruine - November 7, 2019
- More people die from diabetes in SA than from HIV, TB and malaria combined | #eBizPayItForward - November 7, 2019
- Fair Pay: closing the gender pay gap | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - November 7, 2019
- The transformative power of RPA | #eBizWires | Jenny Olivier - November 6, 2019
- Sappi transforms connectivity with Syrex - November 6, 2019
- The African Narrative – For Africans| #eBizInsight |Yaw Dwomoh - November 5, 2019