Margaret Hirsch, COO of Hirsch’s Homestores recently partnered with The Smile foundation for a national toy collection drive. Margaret and a team from the Smile Foundation visited Tygerberg kids hospital to meet some of the children who had received help from Smile Foundation who are dedicated to helping children smile again by giving them the necessary access to good medical assistance to repair their cleft lips and pallets. Their goal is to help children smile again!
Without the support of the public and corporates these children sometimes have to wait for the surgery and often they miss the window period. Margaret and the Smile Foundation SA Operation Executive Director, Moira Gerszt also met with the head of the plastic and reconstructive surgery at Tygerberg hospital Dr. Alex Zuhlke.
Smile Foundation collaborates nationally with academic hospitals to help families and children get the surgery and funding they need for these sometimes challenging procedures. Commented Margaret “Hirsch’s was really privileged to be part of such an amazing organization. Our hats go off to all the plastic surgeons giving their time and hard work to these children who suffer from facial abnormalities.”
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020
- Rapid Data — Fast decision-making with the right data at the right time | # eBizInsights | Tom Wells - March 16, 2020
- Remote working during Covid-19 pandemic a reality with free software offer | #EbizWires - March 16, 2020