Margaret Hirsch, COO of Hirsch’s Homestores recently partnered with The Smile foundation for a national toy collection drive. Margaret and a team from the Smile Foundation visited Tygerberg kids hospital to meet some of the children who had received help from Smile Foundation who are dedicated to helping children smile again by giving them the necessary access to good medical assistance to repair their cleft lips and pallets. Their goal is to help children smile again!
Without the support of the public and corporates these children sometimes have to wait for the surgery and often they miss the window period. Margaret and the Smile Foundation SA Operation Executive Director, Moira Gerszt also met with the head of the plastic and reconstructive surgery at Tygerberg hospital Dr. Alex Zuhlke.
Smile Foundation collaborates nationally with academic hospitals to help families and children get the surgery and funding they need for these sometimes challenging procedures. Commented Margaret “Hirsch’s was really privileged to be part of such an amazing organization. Our hats go off to all the plastic surgeons giving their time and hard work to these children who suffer from facial abnormalities.”
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019