When considering how much you should do to comply with legislation like the Protection of Personal Information Act, you have three choices:
1. Do as little as possible and see what you can get away with;
2. Calculate the degree of compliance technically required and stick with that;
3. Adopt a more holistic approach to compliance.
Of the three options, the first is clearly a recipe for disaster. The only questions are when disaster will strike and how devastating will it be?
Paul Jacobson is a legal strategist specialising in digital marketing, Internet and digital content. He identifies legal and compliance risks; helps his clients better understand the impact these risks may have on their businesses and developing enabling frameworks to address these risks and support his clients’ objectives.
- Insights on Data 9 : Actionable Intelligence further examined | #eBizInsights |Marchant Laauween of Atvance Intellect | Podcast - July 11, 2020
- Insights on Data 8: Actionable Intelligence and how it’s the core of Data today|#eBizInsights | Sean Raubenheimer of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 9, 2020
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020