When considering how much you should do to comply with legislation like the Protection of Personal Information Act, you have three choices:
1. Do as little as possible and see what you can get away with;
2. Calculate the degree of compliance technically required and stick with that;
3. Adopt a more holistic approach to compliance.
Of the three options, the first is clearly a recipe for disaster. The only questions are when disaster will strike and how devastating will it be?
Paul Jacobson is a legal strategist specialising in digital marketing, Internet and digital content. He identifies legal and compliance risks; helps his clients better understand the impact these risks may have on their businesses and developing enabling frameworks to address these risks and support his clients’ objectives.
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020