When considering how much you should do to comply with legislation like the Protection of Personal Information Act, you have three choices:
1. Do as little as possible and see what you can get away with;
2. Calculate the degree of compliance technically required and stick with that;
3. Adopt a more holistic approach to compliance.
Of the three options, the first is clearly a recipe for disaster. The only questions are when disaster will strike and how devastating will it be?
Paul Jacobson is a legal strategist specialising in digital marketing, Internet and digital content. He identifies legal and compliance risks; helps his clients better understand the impact these risks may have on their businesses and developing enabling frameworks to address these risks and support his clients’ objectives.
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020